Whites Has released the Fusion Tech Skin!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Whites Releases Fusion Tech. Skin!!

As promised, Whites Manufacturing now has the Fusion tech skin available. Although the existing Lycra skin on the Fusion drysuit has proven to be very durable, many divers have been waiting for a skin that is slightly more robust. Whites now has a 1mm neoprene skin available.

This new Tech skin has a combination of 1 mm neoprene and lycra panels to ensure mobility is not compromised by the increased durability of neoprene. We have also added stylish new graphics to this skin to add fashion to diving.

For those that already own a Fusion drysuit, the lycra skin can easily be removed and replaced with the new tech skin. This replacement skin can be purchased from authorized dealers at an MSRP of $298.

For those that would like to purchase a new Fusion drysuit with the tech skin, the suit will be sold with the lycra skin, and the tech skin will be sold as an separate item. Installation of the tech skin is available at an additional cost of MSRP of $50.

VERY IMPORTANT SIZING INFORMATION!!!

The following release dates will be applicable to our 4 Tech skin sizes:

The 2XS/XS & S/M Tech skins are available NOW!
The L/XL tech skin will be released on NOW!
The 2XL/3XL Tech skin will be released On April 15th/'08

Key Person Discounts may be available for authorized dive instructors/divemasters!

Because of the sheer demand of the skins, prior to release we will be taking orders for the skins starting immediately, these orders will be filled by order date. Please do not delay in placing your orders - quantities are limited.

Click here to see the flyer

The Fusion has a very competetive initial price. But, just my opinion as a potential customer, when you sell it with the lycra skin I don't want and then add on $300 for the tech skin and another $120 for the pockets, the edge in price is greatly reduced over some other suit options.

Any chance down the road that you will consider selling it with just the tech skin?

What he said. Was considering trying one out but will wait until exactly this option is available. The option being fusion, tech skin and pockets as a package. Why do I want two skins?

Not to belabor the point excessively but the skins are easily removeable/replaceable and my understanding is the easiest way to install the new skin is to put the bladder portion of the suit on then put the skin on over the top. So I do not really see the need from a customer perspective to buy a lycra skin that I will never use that that Whites could otherwise sell on another suit or as a replacement skin for those who want them.

I also do I see the need to pay $50 for installation of the skin when I've potentially just dropped close to $1500 on the suit, skin and pocket package. The $50 installation fee on top of the requirement to buy the lycra cover makes me feel like a revenue source rather than a valued customer.

Pictures so us uneducated can see?

It should just pop up when you click the link above....

(thanks for the heads up! I may have had the pocket link there before..:wink:)

Until the next dive,
Tyler

The skin is VERY easy to put on and take off, so I am not sure about the $50 to install it for you. Obviously you have the option to put in on yourself, but you do have to buy the lycra skin which I am sure there are plenty of people who would have no use for it.

So far Whites has been very good at taking customer feedback and going forward with them. Hopefully this too will be something that they will change in the future. I am sure they have their reasons for automatically including the lycra skin, I do not know what the reason would be but I am not in their shoes.

Phil

Maybe one of the skins is lighter weight? I'll find out, I just put in an order for a Fusion (hope it won't be gigantic on me, I'm only 5'5" but had to order the large to balance out certain womanly attributes...)

Some time ago I decided to get a dry suit. I'd just about settled on a Hot & Dry. They're made in Oz & they are also a bilaminate suit with an inner bladder & removable outer shell. The outer shell is very solid Cordura but they are not form fitting in the least .

Then I discovered the Fusion. It had every thing I liked about the Hot & Dry plus more, more, more. As Whites are not available in Oz I decided to wait for the tech skin, then the tech skin with pockets. Then I found out here, that I would have to buy a suit with 2 skins.

Well I don't want 2 outer skins. I don't need the Lycra skin, I don't want the Lycra skin & I'm not paying for something I neither need or want. So unless potential customer feedback has some effect in the short term (winter is coming), looks like I'll be getting a Hot & Dry.

FWIW, when my LDS called in the order today, we were told April for the sz. L Tech skin. (I get a pretty good price, being affiliated with the LDS, so I went ahead and ordered.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom