Whites Has released the Fusion Tech Skin!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your comments!!

BTW....we are looking at potential dealers in Oz.....

Tyler

Some time ago I decided to get a dry suit. I'd just about settled on a Hot & Dry. They're made in Oz & they are also a bilaminate suit with an inner bladder & removable outer shell. The outer shell is very solid Cordura but they are not form fitting in the least .

Then I discovered the Fusion. It had every thing I liked about the Hot & Dry plus more, more, more. As Whites are not available in Oz I decided to wait for the tech skin, then the tech skin with pockets. Then I found out here, that I would have to buy a suit with 2 skins.

Well I don't want 2 outer skins. I don't need the Lycra skin, I don't want the Lycra skin & I'm not paying for something I neither need or want. So unless potential customer feedback has some effect in the short term (winter is coming), looks like I'll be getting a Hot & Dry.

So....you responded....we listened.

The Fusion with the Tech skin is now available on its own without the Lycra.

The Fusion will come with the tech skin installed and it has an MSRP of $1598!!

Until the next dive....

Tyler

So....you responded....we listened.

The Fusion with the Tech skin is now available on its own without the Lycra.

The Fusion will come with the tech skin installed and it has an MSRP of $1598!!

Until the next dive....

Tyler

You guys sure are awesome....

Thanks for the info...

Phil

Does the tech skin come automatically with the pockets or is that an added price? Can you order the tech skin with the pockets pre-installed? Is the April 15th release date for the 2xl/3xl firm or might that get bumped up a bit?

The pockets are an additional $120 MSRP for 2 pockets installed.

As far as the 2XL/3XL skins....no promises...but you never know, they may arrive sooner.

Tyler

Some rough guesswork:

Fusion with Lycra MSRP (approx. MAP/street): $1398 (1190)
Fusion with Tech Skin: $1598 (~1300-1400?)
Tech Skin : $298 (200-250?)
Buying Fusion and tech skin separately: $1696 (1390-1440?)

So buying the suit pre-installed with the tech skin is likely to save anywhere from ~$50-150 street (and I may be WAY off with these numbers).

This looks like a pretty good deal for people who don't need the lycra skin. Nice job Whites, kudos for listening to your customers!

Well, I'm glad you guys did that, but now I almost wish I'd held off on my purchase until you changed the policy. Oh, well.

OK, OK, I'll get the Fusion.
Now I just have to find somewhere to source it from.
Of course I'd like to deal with someone who follows Gombessas' street pricing regime.

All seriousness aside though, I'm impressed with your consultative process & the speed that you implement the decisions you make based on that process.

PS. I won't say anymore, otherwise you might not be able to get your mask strap over your head.

PPS. Just 1 more little thing. I'd like mine in forest green with Celtic knot work on the forearms. :D :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom