Whites Introduces Seal Lock Technology (SLT)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, my seals are new and really don't want to fix something that is not broken, but the latex would be great.

I was looking at the video of the SLT on White's website. One question so far is I have a stock fusion bullet. Down the road I was thinking of drysuit gloves with rings. It looked like the rings around the wrist might make it challenging. Any input would be appreciated.

I was looking at the video of the SLT on White's website. One question so far is I have a stock fusion bullet. Down the road I was thinking of drysuit gloves with rings. It looked like the rings around the wrist might make it challenging. Any input would be appreciated.

I have this system installed (or something nearly identicle). My first challenge with it was that it rings protruded far enough out that it chafed the halfway point of my thumb whenever I would move it and made it difficult to reach my clips. I had it shortened 1 1/2 inches which was the right distance but when the factory returned it to me, the way they had bonded the cuffs to the drysuit was slightly bent inwards towards my wrist such that it chafe's around my wristbone and somewhat blocks my undergarment from completely covering my flesh. In otherwise, it pushes the under garment material back and also causes bunching in the elbow as a result (that I didn't have before this).

So my advise would be 1) make sure that you take a measurement and get the rings in the right place, and 2) make it crystal clear that the rings will not be attached to the suit in the same manner as what I have. Because of it, I'll be replacing my Whites Fusion with a different drysuit soon. When I sent it to the manufacturer for getting arms shortened, took a full month before I had the suit back and I'm not even happy with it, I don't want to lose it another month. I'll just replace it.

Other than that pain point, it's a fantastic suit and having the SLT (or something like it) makes it super easy to change wrist seals (I haven't used a dry glove yet). If they had put a little more attention on getting the bonding process correct so it didn't chafe my wrist or block my undergarment, it would be 100% A-OK suit. I did experiment with using the gloves (but never in the water) and it didn't seem like too much an inconvenience that would bother me.

You have 3 choices

Pullover Rubber Gloves - Just pull over the rings and the stretch keeps out the water
Quick Lock Glove System - Pushes together with the SLT wrist system, then you unscrew the wrist system and it pops off
Glove Lock - Made to go Over the SLT system, and then just a half turn and it locks on, half turn and it pops off. The most expensive, but also the easiest and a wider location for your hand to fit thru.

There are other dryglove options out there, but the above are all made by Sitech, and work together flawlessly. If you go with another system, you will most likely have 2 systems inline with each other....meaning a lot of plastic along your wrist area ( SLT system PLUS your other dryglove system that goes onto the seal)

Can you post a Pic? I would like to offer to fix it for you for free :D (other than shipping charges) We don't want you not happy with your suit. Not that we did the work, but we can most likely fix it so you don't have to buy a new suit

Can you post a Pic? I would like to offer to fix it for you for free :D (other than shipping charges) We don't want you not happy with your suit. Not that we did the work, but we can most likely fix it so you don't have to buy a new suit

Mike, is it something easily fixed? I'm afraid of turn around time, I'm not at a point where I can be without it just yet for more than a week or so.

My goal is to try and get the retrofit for Fusion Owners down to about $300-350. Our current price is almost $500 for other suits. Whites is really working to get the price down for their Fusion owners. It is just a lot of work, and alot of expensive product....Worth every penny though!!!

Hi Mike - Any update on price yet for retrofits? Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom