who brings their cameras on every dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archman:
So I built this screwy chest-mounted harness for my Canon S50 housing, that keeps it readily accessible, yet out of the way. It won't win any prizes for beauty, but it works. Can't mount a strobe, though.

i have the same idea but it cant seem to materialize. am planning to make a rig that connects my a95 to the two chest d rings.

Well, I used to take my camera on every dive ... but then Cheng decided she liked my camera better than her camera ... so now SHE takes my camera on every dive ... :wink:

I guess she's gonna need a new camera for Christmas ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
Since I started taking my little optio on dives I've taken in on every dive. It helps me see a lot more during the dive and see things after the dive that I couldn't possibly see during the dive... even using my magnifying glass.

FinalEyes1.jpg

FinalEyes.jpg

man thats a splendid shot!

Mike Veitch:
No camera, no dive. Whats the point? :)

true, true i guess il be taking it on every dive i just have to design a rig to keep it secure on place, when i attach it to my d rings it flops around!

Spoon:
true, true i guess il be taking it on every dive i just have to design a rig to keep it secure on place, when i attach it to my d rings it flops around!

I don't really have much of a choice but to hold the thing the whole dive. I can fold up the arms and sometimes I do clip it off to my crotch ring (ok, that didn't quite come out right) but that's usually at the end of the dive when I'm done shooting photos. It's a royal pain in the you know what to have to re-extend the arms and re-position the strobes. My rig is nearly 8 feet wide.

rig-01.jpg

Spoon:
man thats a splendid shot!
Thank you very much... but I really can't take much credit. I just held the camera out as close to the shrimp as I could and pushed the little button down. Some times the pictures are even in focus. :D

A little Optio S50. It is 5 megapixel and now that I am using a RCR-V3 lithium ion battery it works pretty good. I have a bolt snap tied to it so I can clip it off to a chest d-ring when not in use... but I've found that during most of the dive I'm snapping pictures of stuff. :D
Ron-06261.jpg

Warren_L:
I don't really have much of a choice but to hold the thing the whole dive. I can fold up the arms and sometimes I do clip it off to my crotch ring (ok, that didn't quite come out right) but that's usually at the end of the dive when I'm done shooting photos. It's a royal pain in the you know what to have to re-extend the arms and re-position the strobes. My rig is nearly 8 feet wide.

rig-01.jpg

thats one hell of a rig, i actually feel foryunate withmy tiny a95, geez what was i even complaining about:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom