Who Dives Travis after Work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianV:
Anyone regularly dive Travis after work, like around 630pm.
I love diving Travis during the week. I have been there when there was no one but me and my buddy in the water.

AggieDad:
this was my first dive of the year due to sinus problems and thankfully it went very well.
Good news Dan, glad you enjoyed it. I wish I could have joined you.

Willie

PvilleStang:
Well, if you're doing the weekly thing, just splurge and buy an annual, and you can get into all Travis County parks with it (additional 2 bucks for hippy hollow). .

Or you can really splurge and buy a year pass to WP for $150.

It's $5 / entry during the week so that gets you 30 visits before your year pass is up. I really would only be diving March - October and there's going to be a handful of weeks I won't go, so I don't know yet if $150 / year is a deal.

I've just relocated back to Austin from Dallas (I-35 is best driven southward), and looking forward to diving locally, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Maybe it'll be as fruitful as the N. Texas clan who enjoy CSSP and Athens, and each others' company, so frequently. The disorganized dives (or when everybody else seems to know everybody else except for me) scare me a bit, as I don't have a regular buddy.

What ever happened to the Austin Scuba Club? I just checked their website, and there doesn't seem to have been a meeting for months. A while back there was a flurry of email activity around a happy hour, but that was the last I heard.

--Wayne

WaterWayne:
I've just relocated back to Austin from Dallas (I-35 is best driven southward), and looking forward to diving locally, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Maybe it'll be as fruitful as the N. Texas clan who enjoy CSSP and Athens, and each others' company, so frequently. The disorganized dives (or when everybody else seems to know everybody else except for me) scare me a bit, as I don't have a regular buddy.

What ever happened to the Austin Scuba Club? I just checked their website, and there doesn't seem to have been a meeting for months. A while back there was a flurry of email activity around a happy hour, but that was the last I heard.

--Wayne

I'll try to remember to PM you when I start a new thread. I'm always down to buddy up with someone or if I'm already buddied, I have no problem doing a 3 group buddy system. I also would prefer to have a dive group that enjoys diving together and chatting about diving and other various topics. I've found a great dive club in California like that, but so far I haven't found a similar club to that in Austin.

I have an itch to dive right now so I'll be sure to post an open invitiation on scubaboard for the Wednesday after next.

danktex:
Just got back from Windy Point with Shaggie and Aggie Dad the diving was fun but the vis is still poor. .

Poor? I guess it's a comparative thing. Some places we must have had 8-10ft! This past winter we were diving in less than 5ft vis:shakehead

Hey Willie did you get the PM I sent you afew days ago about going with us?

shaggie:
Poor? I guess it's a comparative thing. Some places we must have had 8-10ft! This past winter we were diving in less than 5ft vis:shakehead

Hey Willie did you get the PM I sent you afew days ago about going with us?

Well I know the vis can be 20+' in Windy Point. The blonde girl that works at the entrance showed me a picture she took of the lake on a Wednesday morning and it was carribean blue, she said that was the clearest she's ever seen it, but still I was impressed.

This was early May by the way. If you dive mid-day Saturday or Sunday during the Summer, there are times where vis is no better than 5ft, so I'd take 10-15' and consider it great diving for Central Texas.

PS - The picture she showed me was of her standing on top of one of the stair cases looking down; you could see the stair case going down quite a ways and faintly see one of the dive platforms. At this time the lake was very low so the depth of the platforms was around 20', and about 16' for the rails that go around the platform.

Back
Top Bottom