Who does NOT log their dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a fanatical logger - even have 2 log books at the same time, one for dive information and marine life, and another for a detailed account of the dive, buddy, rest of the divers, etc. it's nice to look back and read what past dives were all about

I log all my dives. I agree with ScubaScott
I would want to know info about the year before, where I dove, temps for that week, month (maybe that doesn't matter if your a warm water diver) fish or other things seen,surface and water conditions and so on
The list can go on and on.

Mike M

I log them all. As a DM I log all pool sessions for the record but don't count them in the dive totals. However I do count the checkout dives.

When I go to the pool to check out gear, do a refresher course, whatever...it's logged but not counted.

I keep a record of everything and count most of it for my benfit, not someone elses.

I haven't had that many dives to date, but as I keep all of my credit card and bank statements, I have a feeling that I will probably be a fanatic about logging my dives whether I'm at #50 or 100.

I like to look back and see my dive stats (air consumption, weights used, etc) and how they change depending on dive conditions and location.

S :)

I let me Vyper computer do the logs for me. I just add the locations and any other interesting info into the software.

I also have a Vyper to log my dives, but I also transfer this information into my logbook along with other pertinent information (air consumption, activities, dive site, points of interest, gear config, etc)

Every dive, no matter how long or short is recorded and if a short dive the reason why it was cut short.

I also have another log created by one of our board members on an Excel spreadsheet who was gracious enough to share it that I use as well to track the same info (sort of redundant) along with additional information. A really neat spreadsheet.

I guess I'll be the first to admit I don't log dives anymore. I stopped at about 180 and three years ago. I might log dives from dive travel destinations but not the local stuff.

OK - go ahead and criticize!

-becky

Sea nmf - won't criticize, just curious as to why? Been there, done that too many times?

I log all of my open water dives. Regrettfully, following a few very nice dives, I have taken post dive notes of and later recorded them in my log book. (My thinking was that the writing would be more legible if I wasn't wet and rocking) Those logs lack the color and enthusiasm that the dives warrant, and make some pretty uninteresting reading. Fortunately I've broken that trend.

It is not such a time intensive activity and the info can always come handy in the future:

How much weight?
What equipment?
Depth & time?

All sorts of meaningful data. And it only takes a few minutes anyway.

Ari :book:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom