• instructors/divemasters

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Solo

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Others (?)

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will dive with pretty much anyone in the main locations divers dive in this area. From students doing open waters to a guy who was 67 last year. However, my main buddy is an instructor who helped in my OW certs a few years ago. We are good buds on land, which I think helps a lot underwater because I know his manurisms and actions which help us understand each other beyond the basic signals.

SS

All of my buddies are also my friends. However, the only guys I will do serious penetration dives with also also happen to be instructors, AI's or DM's.

I am blessed with a large buddy family due to a class that lasted all of last summer. You really get to know people that way. And the family grows as we pair up on boats & meet new people, go to their dive club meetings & add even more, then go to underwater clean-ups & find more yet! If you exchange addresses with buddies, and you put out the effort to stay in touch, you will NEVER run out of buddies!

My buddy is my daughter. We signed up and passed basic OW together, and have now logged almost two dozen dives since June 2002!. She has her night dive this weekend to complete her AOW, and wants to do jr rescue diver and nav to "be a better buddy." {I'm sooooo proud}. And she's shown that she knows her limits... and mine.

I figure the residual quarry aroma might even keep potential boyfriends at arms length!:eek:

I was unable to vote since my buddy list includes some from most all of the categories. I dive mostly with a large group of buddies from my LDS that I have met over the last year by going on trips with them. In this group includes instructors and Dive Cons (SSI) for Divemaster and assistant instructor level. I have also had my brother as a buddy, my sister and my brother-inlaw. Most recent my niece, she is 13 and newly certified this summer. My husband is my snorkel buddy, my two sons and their wives don't dive. I do have a grandson on the way and I hope he will grow into becoming a buddy for me.

I buddy up with pretty much anyone I can find, although now that I'm beginning to get to know more and more people I am beginning to be choosy :). My two most common buddies though are an instructor, and then a friend whom I befriended as I was DMing her OW class. Just came back from a dive weekend in Sechelt with her actually, it rocked!!!

redseal, how old is your daughter?

It was my son who talked me into SCUBA diving and we made the OWD together in 2000. Back then my son was the driving force behind it and I was giving in only reluctantly. By now he somehow seems to loose interest in diving, whereas I am getting more enthusiastic with each dive.

This year he refused to join in for the AOWD with a weak excuse and I feel I will loose him as a buddy anytime soon...

He is now my favorite dive buddy :)

I don't have a regular dive buddy. :( Therefore, I have to buddy up with anyone I can find.

Usually it is an instructor or someone I met on the dive boat.
I would really like to find a regular buddy to dive with. With the help of this board, maybe I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom