• instructors/divemasters

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Solo

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Others (?)

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeap, thats right, everyones favorite hillbilly diver's buddy is named Zeb! Not only that, but people say we look like Laurel and Hardy underwater!

Later

Mark

My primary buddy is my wife. We do caves, wrecks and photagraphy (preferably in caves and wrecks). For non-tech stuff my son is usually with us. We have a little "core" group of folks with the same diving interests that we dive with.

Zeina once bubbled...
My husband talked me into diving...

He is now my favorite dive buddy :)
Just how exactly did he do that, I've been trying to talk my wife into diving for almost 2 years now :wink:

Zeina once bubbled...
My husband talked me into it. He is now my favorite dive buddy :)
My wife, and dive buddy, talked me into it. :)

My gf is my dive buddy. We learn together and dive together (i know there is a good joke there somewhere).

Went diving once without her and I didn't feel comfortable with my buddy because, well..not sure where his mind was at, but it ended being ok.

JP

Not surprise to see so many people have their spouses and children as their dive buddies. It is truely a great family sport. I can't think of any other sports that can offer the whole family the kind of fun and quality time together. :).

I have two main dive buddies. Both of them work with me. I also date one of their daughters.

My dive buddy is my pony bottle and me, most of the time.

I know this doesn't sit well with many members of the diving community, but if I were to rely on waiting for some 'dive buddy' to go, then I would probably never see the underwater world.

I mean, regular dive buddies are tough to track down, at least the ones that are willing to go as often as myself. It's disturbing.

Therefore, knowing my limitations, I hop in many 'o times by myself.

Thoughts? Discussion?

diverjed once bubbled...
My dive buddy is my pony bottle and me, most of the time.

I know this doesn't sit well with many members of the diving community, but if I were to rely on waiting for some 'dive buddy' to go, then I would probably never see the underwater world.

I mean, regular dive buddies are tough to track down, at least the ones that are willing to go as often as myself. It's disturbing.

Therefore, knowing my limitations, I hop in many 'o times by myself.

Thoughts? Discussion?
There have already been a few threads on this issue e.g. here or here

Wcharz, My buddy is my twelve yo daughter. She and her twin sister and I all got certified in June this year. She and I have dived together about 2 dozen times since; she's one dive away from AOW, wants to do underwater nav, jr. rescue diver, and underwater photography. I am thoroughly enjoying our time together because I know soon enough BOYS:boom: will appear on her horizon......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom