• OMS

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 47 14.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRev:
I'm about to purchase my first bp/w, actually my first set of gear. Here's why I put my vote in for DSS and why I'm going to buy from them:
Have you, at least, USED any of the products in the OP's list?
Edit: see that you used DSS in a swimming pool.

shellbackdiver1:
I seriously doubt your words. Are you maybe stretching the truth a little?
Honestly, I couldn't care less if you "seriously doubt my words". The edges on my bp and sta were so sharp, I had to deburr them myself because I was getting cuts on my fingers. Considering what I paid for it, I don't think that is acceptable quality.

What point would it serve for me to stretch the truth? I don't have any vested interest in DSS if that's what you're getting at. I'm curious, what is your motivation to accuse me of "stretching the truth" (i.e., calling me a liar). Do you have a vested interest that you aren't disclosing?

Daryl Morse:
OxyCheq wings are well made, but outstanding is about the last word I'd use for the bp and sta. The edges are terribly finished. I've cut myself on the frakking thing too many times. I'd have to see a huge improvement in attention to detail before I'd purchase another.

I dont know what BP you recieved but, I saw patrick finishing and deburring plates when I was at the factory. Maybe you recieved one that slipped through. I would have been equally as upset if I recieved a plate as you described for the price, im sure if you would have called oxy your plate would have been exchanged.

After skimming through the replies, I'd have to agree with TSandM. You're not going to get a good comparison here. Most recreational dives buy one setup and stick with it. I voted H, because that's what I have, and it works well for me. I'll probably look at Oxycheq for my doubles wing.

You might read through the equipment forums over at http://www.thedecostop.com/ to get a better comparison. Tec divers usually have a couple of setups and are already used to spending tons of money on their gear.

-Sean

Oxycheq.

Sincerely,
HALCYON (enuff said!)

Agir-Brokk!

I chose an Agir-Brokk Blackbird 36 wing and Agir-Brokk Backplate 28 with Hogarthian harness as my first diving rig after a considerable amount research. The most important factors that influenced my decision were the Blackbird 36's toroidal bladder, the geometry of Agir-Brokk's backplates (they have a relatively flat shape and shallow channel), and Agir-Brokk's use of 316 stainless steel for their backplate material (as opposed to the commonly used 304).

The DIR based design of Agir-Brokk's gear is robust and the quality is excellent. I purchased their gear because I think they make superior products, but I also like the idea of supporting a Swedish company that competes with much larger US based companies. Besides, the Swedes are cool!

Sadamune

I like DSS and Oxycheq. Both seem to make great gear with attention to details and service.

OMS bp, halycon explorer wing, dive rite harness.

defs not DIR, but i just put a down payment on it and ill be getting it within the next 6 months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom