Why always luxury resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys, thanks for the advice - so very practical - given me a load of new ideas to follow up.

Don't know if its been mentioned, but www.slickrock.com was a truly fanstastic experience.

if you are in oman, why not dive sinai???
its really good diving, very cheap& close to you!
i know the hilton dahab offerd last year some out of the season rates of less than 50$ a night! in the hilton! i don't want to tell you how cheap are the "budget" places in dahab.... but for 20$ a night you get a good room.
diving as everywhere is more or less the same, 30-50$ a dive with rental and all.
i was a few years ago ('99 i think) in dahab for a whole month of diving&freediving. it was a bit more than 1200$...... cant beat that i think.

The dives are remote, but the u/w scenery is spectacular. The boat ride out to the dive sites is a true eco-tour. Typically an hour on the rivers through the tropical rainforest and the mangroves...

The flights from Miami to San Jose, Costa Rica are around $450/roundtrip. The puddle jumper from San Jose to David, Panama is $100/roundtrip. Hotels start around $20/night. Lunch is $2.50, breakfast $1.50, and dinner less than $5. 2 tank dives are $125 and include everything, even lunch. My clients that have dove the Galapagos say that this is the same or better. The same with my clients that have dove Coco's. Not a far stretch, being that it is the same underwater mountain chain. Every time I see someone's photo album from the Galapagos or Coco's, I think to myself, yep... been there dove that... Check out my captains blog (www.scuba-charters.com/blog1), for our dives from Wednesday. One of the sites actually blew me away... after being here a while, that's hard to do...

Capn Scott

I never go with an organized charter, instead I put together my own package. However, I have a nice home, and I want something that is just as nice when I am on vacation. To me, vacation is NOT being jambed into a crowded cattle car airline, sleeping in a crappy hotel room, eating food that I would not give to a dog. Yes, the diving is important --very important, but so is rest and relaxation. I just do not sleep very well on sand paper sheets, with bugs crawling on my feet ... And if you do not sleep well at night, you are not going to be up for the dive the next morning.

How about Bali?

http://www.tulambenwreckdivers.com/Dive_Bali.asp?active_page_id=633

US$20/night for a room for 2
$22/dive including all gear, gear porter, and dive guide if you do 5 or more dives with them, and even cheaper if you bring your own gear or do self-guided dives!

I've never dove with them, but have heard good things from others. Seems like a great deal if you can get a decent price on airfare.

Hi I m going to start a diving camp in Puerto vallarta. I live in the jungle and i have some space for camping. im gonna have it 10 dollers a person . and i have diving available www.puertovallartadivers.com and there is a beautiful waterfall just 45 min hike from camp. and ill offer 5 dollers meals. and there is tons of birds to watch. do you think anyone would be interested.

Here is one thought in the past 6 years my wife and I dove: Caymans, Turks (Salt Cay twice), St Croix, Utila, Micronesia (Chuuk & Phonpei), and Costa Rica. With the expection of Costa Rica (which was dirt cheap airfare) we paid $0 for the airfare. Next month we are off to Belize and in November the Maya Riveria (via Cancun) also for $0 in airfare. How? We pay for everything using a credit card and accumulate air miles. Using these air miiles make the trips affordable for us.

I should note we paid $0 for the airfare but typically paid $100 for the taxes.

That sounds great, which credit card is the best for signing up for?

Alot of operators in Roatan are pretty laid back and not what most would describe a luxary resorts. The area in general offers a great value for your diving dollar. If you want to get alot of diving in a lve aboard is the only way to go. I promise you will not find your living conditions to frilly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom