Why are experienced divers getting killed and injured lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo:
I also don't think 49 and 55 are old but the risk of a heart attack or other problems at 49 and 55 are MUCH higher than at 25 or even 35. Diving the Andrea Doria is dangerous even for the well trained 25 yr old. Heck, Micheal Jordan, perhaps one of the best athletes in the world ever, retired much earlier than 49 and 55 because he simply couldn't compete at the same level anymore and he wasn't even doing anything as dangerous as diving. Lets face it, age plays a factor and older people are more active these days than they were even just 50 yrs ago.

Good point.

or die on the way to the dive

this "death" thing is a bit of a problem, isn't it?

Who want's to live for ever anyway?

Get too concerned about all the risks of life and you might as well stay in bed in the morning. Of course, you might not be safe there either!

i could think of much worse ways to go,like laying in a hospital for 6 months with cancer eating its way through my body,in mucho pain wishing i was diving.

The way I've been feeling the past few days, I have to say this whole living thing can be highly overrated.

Sometimes is seems the fear of it is worse than the actuality.

There comes a point where you just have to let it go.

JB told me an interesting thing about guys that catch bullets or IED's in combat. The ones that live always seem to be cursing when they bite it. If it happened to you, and you knew this was it...would you be afraid, pray,..what? I think I would be also be one saying the F-word. I am not really an f-word person, but that would rate it. It would be like "oh, great THIS is it?" (Like if Andy had died in the puddle that day....)

The other day, I was yacking away as the boat took off and I was sorta tangled a bit in my long hose and weight belt and I almost fell off the back of the boat. I would have sunk like a rock. Not a glamorous way to go...

wouldn't this fall in category of it's happened before just more easily reported on by sources?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom