why did GUE , DIR take so long to adopt sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I think we may be speaking the same language, but have different terms for things.

So I use what is described on here as American side mounting.

sump4.com/home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From some of your description I would say you are hybrid, and that you have an American rig, but some CDG additions due to necessity of your environment. If you can share some pictures of your rigging.

I use whats called a farrworld harness. This is how it sits the cylinders.

10452898_10152523793114413_3139569074201685889_o.jpg

I use whats called a farrworld harness. This is how it sits the cylinders.

First of all, I wonder what this harness has to do with GUE and their adoption (or not) of sidemount?

FWIW, the pictured rigging looks ok to me. I'd prefer the tanks lower and the SPG's do look like they would catch on rock and line when backing out. So I can see why you are looking for alternative ways to route them, i.e. the longer HP hoses.

Nothing we digressed :p

And yeah, I changed them to the longer hoses quite a while ago. This is an old picture.

What I think is funny is the CDG has been using this style harness for a long time. I have seen either the H style or the V style harness. My question is how do the Razor fanboys square away with the fact that the Razor harness was copied from this and unlike they would lead you to believe the Razor wasn't the rig that started this type of sidemount rig design.

What you on about bamafan? Didn't you know that Steve Bozeargaratyfarty invented sidemount?

To be fair...GI3 was diving sidemount on deco in Wakulla a very long time ago, he was unbolting his twinset for deco :O

8af22034f198942d8737a1ff50eee482.jpg

One of the earliest SM harnesses that I know of, UK sump divers might recognize it.

Sorry, not UK, it's a Texas sump rig, 26 years old.

Last edited:
That looks like a commercial harness

---------- Post added December 27th, 2015 at 03:52 AM ----------

There's a picture in one of my books somewhere of a side mounted CCR in swildons hole in the 1950s/60s if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom