Why do caves close to diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you even read his response?

You can swim to p1 (where the vis is crap) from OG and there's too much traffic at OG.

Thanks for the responce but you did not come close answering the question. Orange grove could still be great while P1,2,3 are blown. Why not put a cable across the road the road preventing divers from going past OG?

Thought my previous answer did, but if I need to clarify,no problem.

The only time they put the cable across the road blocking access to P1 is when the parking lot is flooded.

The rest of my post that you snipped is what I had to add.

He explained two relevant reasons for why they close the entire park...

The rest of my post that you snipped is what I had to add.

He explained two relevant reasons for why they close the entire park...

I read and reread the post. So from what I gather if OG was left open then there would be too many divers there and the divers there would not have the God given sense to turn the dive with vis went to crap. I would think that cavers would see that the area is packed and head elsewhere and the ones in the cave would know when to turn the dive due to low vis. Thanks for the nanny gov. protecting me from myself. I would rather think than follow.

Common sense isn't in vogue right now. One dumdum can ruin it for the lot of us.

I too would rather us all be left to our own devices, but that's not the reality of the world we live in. I'd much rather have a nice dive site open and divable with a few rules then not at all.

Common sense isn't in vogue right now. One dumdum can ruin it for the lot of us.

I too would rather us all be left to our own devices, but that's not the reality of the world we live in. I'd much rather have a nice dive site open and divable with a few rules then not at all.

So you agree with me?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom