Why Halcyon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J.W.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Halcyon SS Backplate, Cinch harness, and Eclipse wing. The threaded insert where the elbow screws on broke out of the wing, so I need a new wing. My question is should I go with a new Halcyon wing or is there any reason not to go with a Dive Rite or any much cheaper wing??? I have a single tank adapter, so the tank straps are no problem. Thanks in advance for your advice

Wanna sell the ruined wing?

Can it be repaired???

If you decided to switch brand, I am inline for buying your ruin wing

Joke aside, it sounds very fixable. If you call Halycon, they may even fix it for free. So no reason to change if I were you.

If you call Halycon, they may even fix it for free.
A very good suggestion! We talk about the 'blue tax' and such, but Halcyon does sell good gear - rugged, reliable, etc - and they do treat customers / owners fairly, at least in my experience. It would not hurt to contact them - email or phone - about having it repaired. I recently sent a trim weight pocket back for a small repair (damage from user error), they sent me a new one in exchange, no charge. Go to the Halcyon website (Home - Halcyon Dive Systems), and follow the 'Contact' directions: Contact - Halcyon Dive Systems

Last edited:
what they said, just call Extreme Exposure or Halcyon, the wing is anything but permanently damaged. Worst case you just have to replace the inner bladder

Halcyon said that it is welded and can not be replaced but they can replace the whole bladder for about $100. I guess that beats $500 for a new wing. Thanks for the help guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom