Why is the diving so expensive in the Caymans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me start by saying that I have not had the pleasure of diving in the Caribbean YET. that will be changing very very soon.

However, if it cost $70 for a 2 tank boat dive I say WOW, what a bargain. My diving has consisted of diving off Southern California (in a lot colder water) and Hawaii. the cheapest cost for a boat dive here is about $89 (you can do 3 dives though), and in Hawaii it is hard to find anything less than $100 unless you purchase a package deal from some diving op.

Personally I look at it as I'm on vacation. I have done my research about the place I am going to and have an "idea" or ballpark figure on what it is going to cost me for my activities. I also surf the web to find out what else is available as far as extra activities to make sure it offers me what I like to do.

Just my thoughts.

Have you ever priced Bon-Terre, near St. Louis - @ 70 + for ONE dive or if you've been to the Great Lakes, you better plan on spending close to that for some wreck dives in the U.S. I'm thinking that it wasnt the price of the dives but you wanted to party! ;-0
Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom