Why Steel Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People give me a hard time about my Seaquest BC with the I3 elevator lever all the time. I put stabilizers on it for my HP130's, then used my dry snorkel (with DIR approved bolt snap) and filled it with lead which is clipped to the 8" diameter hose clamp bands. This gives me an additional -3.7lb negative buoyancy. The ankle weights help out a lot and help keep me in perfect vertical trim while bounce diving off reefs and I never need to worry about "THE BUBBLE" and it getting away. I don't think I could ever go back to a bp/w after my newfound love of the I3 (I think it was a secret project of GI3's from what I've heard)....

I agree but hard to dive dry during the summer in Florida. ;-)

What's wrong with diving dry in Florida in the summer? Just because it's 98 degrees, there's no shade, and the humidity is 98%, doesn't mean that you can't put on some black long underwear and zip yourself into a dry suit! You get plenty of natural lubricant (sweat) for you latex seals and the mosquitos can't get to your privates anymore.

I agree but hard to dive dry during the summer in Florida. ;-)

understandable! Pick up a set of AL80's and you won't have any problems. I'm traveling down in the next few months to take GUE Tech 1 and while I might still be diving dry I have the option to use a 5mm full suit but I'll definitely be in AL80 doubles instead of my 130s :D

People give me a hard time about my Seaquest BC with the I3 elevator lever all the time. I put stabilizers on it for my HP130's, then used my dry snorkel (with DIR approved bolt snap) and filled it with lead which is clipped to the 8" diameter hose clamp bands. This gives me an additional -3.7lb negative buoyancy. The ankle weights help out a lot and help keep me in perfect vertical trim while bounce diving off reefs and I never need to worry about "THE BUBBLE" and it getting away. I don't think I could ever go back to a bp/w after my newfound love of the I3 (I think it was a secret project of GI3's from what I've heard)....
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I had to return mine, when I was upside taking photographs I kept hitting "up" on my elevator button and I'd sink down and hit my head on the reef until I almost lost consciousness. :rofl3:

What's wrong with diving dry in Florida in the summer? Just because it's 98 degrees, there's no shade, and the humidity is 98%, doesn't mean that you can't put on some black long underwear and zip yourself into a dry suit! You get plenty of natural lubricant (sweat) for you latex seals and the mosquitos can't get to your privates anymore.

This could be a great way to loose weight. You could loose up to 15 lbs of water with this idea.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I had to return mine, when I was upside taking photographs I kept hitting "up" on my elevator button and I'd sink down and hit my head on the reef until I almost lost consciousness. :rofl3:

I agree it takes a little getting use to...I'm working on a request to GUE to change their SOP's to allow me to take Tech 1 with it....Maybe you got rid of yours too quickly...

Hey StreetDoctor,
No sarcasm was intended by my response to your opinion. I was in no way trying to attack you. Sorry for the confusion, appreciate your opinion. I don't see what me being a MSDT has to do with this topic. Can't a diver be an instructor as well as an avid tec diver?

I dive a 3mm full suit with double HP100's and slung stage bottles. Am I also going to die?

I dive a 3mm full suit with double HP100's and slung stage bottles. Am I also going to die?

Yes......Eventually....:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom