• The big message at the top of the page

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • After lurking I decided to start here

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • A search engine lead me right here

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • I don't remember why

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My first post was made before this forum existed!

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Fun going back and reading the old stuff and seeing how I've matured as a SB poster. :wink:

Were you DIR way back then or did you find it here and see the (HID) light? :eyebrow:

OK...I can't stand the guilt any more! Hello...I'm Kathy. I made a few posts before coming here, but I'm not rude and antisocial, really. My actions in this message board reflect my personality in that I listen a bit and suss out the social environment before coming out of my shell. Speaking of shells, aren't turtles so amazing to watch! So, here I am (I hope posting on this thread counts as an intro).

My second post was here. So I said that I posted before this forum even existed. Maybe I misunderstood what that meant. Oh well.

I stared here because I was lost, so the esay way to star was introduccing

I stared here because I was lost, so the easy way to star was introducing my self and looking for a buddy.

I am obviously missing a big piece to this puzzle. Is it wrong to post here first? :06:

The only reason I can think of is because it is the introductions and greets forum. Go figure.

Clear this up for me. Too much BT......need a long SI.

Why did I post, why did I dive, why did I not base jump... Belonging to a community really depends of your true intentions. I dive to better understand myself in the larger context of nature, specifically under water. I post in order to see if I can meet great divers who can buddy my learning curve and make sure I ascend progressively. I didn't base jump because water is a much better media than air to keep my bones and guts at reasonable speed.

Tech Admin bubbled:
[ . . . ] So if you first posted in this forum please let us know, what factors caused you to start out here instead of somewhere else?
Well, after searching on my username I discovered I posted here first, about four months ago, after lurking for about seven months before that.

So, your oneness, to answer your question, I posted here first because I'd gotten tired of ignoring the message at the top of the page, and when I saw another new diver from Oregon post a hello, I piggybacked on his thread.

Too timid to jump in by myself, I guess. I was thinking this could get as rowdy and off-topic as usenet, but it's not. At least not in a bad way . . .

Fin on,
Bryan

PS: Glad I waited two months to answer this question. Some good anecdotes here. And UP's first post! Next thing you know, we'll be comparing baby-on-the-bearskin tintypes!

Back
Top Bottom