Wife won free condo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Gilby and Choco! You just confirmed what we decided! We're going to Kona Coast Resort in the last week of August!

Water temps around 80 then? How much current? Drift dives or moored? Lots of coral? That's the one thing missing in Caribbean diving as it's mainly softies, sponges and gorgonians. Would love to see some big stoney corals.

You will enjoy Kona. If you are a coffee drinker, make sure to Visit Hula Daddy Coffee Plantation. It spoiled my DH so much, he now has it shipped in to NY!

We were in Kona last December and will be returning next week. During our December trip, I saw a wide range of wet suits being used (3 mil, shorties, 5 mil & 7 mil) by divers on our boat. Several divers were simply diving in cargo shorts & T-shirts. My 5 mil suit kept me toasty. I'll be packing the 5 mil for our return trip.

The hard coral was amazing; especially if it's lite it up.

-AZTinman

SPS coral is what I love. Not a lot of that in the Carribean which along with all the endemic fish species is what I'm looking forward to in Hawaii!

If you're doing Big Island we really liked Pacific Rim Divers, but it's been a while. Patrice and her crew were great and it's a smaller boat/operation so you don't have to deal with a big crowd. We also liked Big Island divers who we did a night dive with.

Well, today is day one of our dive vacation. Hopefully Ignacio will play nice and we won't lose more than a couple of days diving. Will try to post pictures or video later. #turnnorthIgnacio

Back
Top Bottom