Wife's mask band always falls down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry, i don't get it how does her mask "slide down"?

a good fitting mask, on the face that is, should not move anywhere
i don't even tighten my strap, its not doing anything to hold the mask in place

Women have this problem very frequently, and most of the solution offered to solve it don't help. The least helpful thing (a neoprene mask strap/strap cover) is the one most often offered. Men don't understand that women's bodies make everything fit different.

OP, there is a women's specific section here at SB that might get you to a solution faster, because a good percentage, maybe even a majority, know exactly what your wife is going through.

I see it all the time in OW classes, but mask problems in the OW class are there for everyone. Once we get them through the class, and get the dang snorkel off their mask, then we can get at the mask issues.

Women have this problem very frequently, and most of the solution offered to solve it don't help.
So why don't you help him with what that solution is, then, since you "see it all the time"?

Once we get them through the class, and get the dang snorkel off their mask, then we can get at the mask issues.
Maybe, she wants the snorkel? You do know that many divers, including experienced ones, like having a snorkel, right?

Why don't you go with what the diver actually wants, instead of what you think they should have? It is rather arrogant and presumptive to think that a diver should drop some of their gear because you don't like it or use it.

The world of diving doesn't revolve around what you think divers should look like, Mr. DIR.

Seriously, forget the full hood unless she needs the warmth. Add a Beanie. Protects the hair from entanglement and helps hold strap in place. A win win solution.

Bad wording on my part. The mask itself doesn't budge really. But it does tend to let in water prolly from adjusting the straps constantly and the strap falling down.

The one picture above of different types of silicone straps are almost identical to her straps that she already has on the mask

i remember being told during my course that tightening the strap too much is not good and is more likely to make it leak
the beanie is hit and miss, some people love it and some hate it, i know i can't stand that strap under my chin
if she doesn't use the snorkel that's taking out of the equation the hair entanglement

its worth a trip to your local dive shop and trying on different masks, they are not all created equal
i started off with Scuba Max Spider Eye blue tinted, for some reason after 2 years the tint wore off a bit on one and i got it replaced free, i wouldn't wear another mask, worth a try

Scuba Max Spider Eye 2-Window Tinted Color Lens Diving Mask

Women have this problem very frequently, and most of the solution offered to solve it don't help. The least helpful thing (a neoprene mask strap/strap cover) is the one most often offered. Men don't understand that women's bodies make everything fit different.

OP, there is a women's specific section here at SB that might get you to a solution faster, because a good percentage, maybe even a majority, know exactly what your wife is going through.

I see it all the time in OW classes, but mask problems in the OW class are there for everyone. Once we get them through the class, and get the dang snorkel off their mask, then we can get at the mask issues.

i am a woman, fortunately i do not have this problem with my mask

Back
Top Bottom