Will my wife be too hot in Coz in her 6.5mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually I dive a 5mm in Cozumel in December. I get cold occasionally, especially after multiple dives, night dives, or when the weather is cool & rainy. Water temp is usually 80 degrees F in December. It will probably be cooler than that in February.

If your weather is warm & sunny, then she may be a bit warm. If you get cool & rainy weather, then she'll be glad she has 6.5mm.

This year the water is 2-4 degrees warmer than it usually is this time of year. I dove in my 5mm and had no problems, but the weather was always sunny.

I'm bringing the 7 mm to Cozumel. Plan on diving 5 days and doing 2 boat dives, 2 shore dives a day, and cenote if a day gets blown out. I can see myself getting cold after a few days of 4 dives a day. Drift diving is much less work too unless you find yourself swimming against the current. Less body movement can lead to a colder body. It all depends on the person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom