Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don, some people just are dumber than rocks.

guapo:
Has anyone heard anything about the Hotel Barraccuda? How did the dive boats make out? Guapo
Oh, I did read on our Cozumel forum that this place does not exist anymore... click here

Guapo, you're still welcome as a member here. Drop in on Introductions to post one if you'd like, and we'll see if we can help you replan your vacation sometime...

You can't see an earthquake coming.

drbill:
I still don't understand how folks can live with this frequency of disturbance events, yet fear earthquakes. But I guess it is for the best... California is already inundated enough with new arrivals.

I just saw on another site, Hotel Barracuda gone. Chunkanaab gone, Int pier gone. Go to stormcarib.com. Lots of photos.

LHolland:
I just saw on another site, Hotel Barracuda gone. Chunkanaab gone, Int pier gone. Go to stormcarib.com. Lots of photos.
Welcome to SB - hope you find other forums you like, too...

Here's your link: Caribbean Hurricane Network

We live! No power or I-net, but Kris's work has a link up... we're maybe a week out for power at home.. the generator is kickin butt! The clean up work is payin $!

Re Wilma in Cozumel....

Got this from a woman I dove with in Cozumel a couple of years ago. Don't know any more details, but this does not look good. I suspect my hotel Carib Blu is in shambles....

http://photobucket.com/albums/d98/bfrick1965/?

If anyone knows anything about Carib Blu and Blue Angels, please let me know; I was hoping to get there in Nov and can't get any info.

Deb

Barracuda is gone? I stayed there on my first trip to Coz 20 years ago. Smelled like kerosine.

Walter:
Barracuda is gone? I stayed there on my first trip to Coz 20 years ago. Smelled like kerosine.
Hmmm? :hmmm: Looks like it's back? From another forum...
SadiesMom:
That was clearly an overstatement, as these pictures from yesterday's (i.e. Tuesday 10/25/05) cleanup attest to. The structure is obviously standing quite well...however, one cannot assess the level of damage to the ocean side or the lobby. However, it is clearly not "gone" nor did it "crash to bits around them." There are several photos showing the Hotel Barracuda about halfway down the first page.....

http://eczm.com/wilma/Tuesday/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom