Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup. I've already been told by work not to make any plans this weekend.

Walter:
You should be ok. Latest predictions are for it to head straight at us instead.

Unfortunately, you're right. When some are spared, others are not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone!

I wouldn't really mind, but it's expected to hit on the weekend and we have a fish count planned.........

Dee:
Yikes! Jeff Masters is comparing Wilma to 1974's Fifi that hit Roatan so hard. He says....

Let's hope he's wrong. Ann, should be an interesting flight down on Sat! Too late to get trip insurance??? :wink:

I hope this trip is not "snakebit" like the May06 trip for me....should be interesting at least. There is no turning back now...and I pick this trip to start reading the book "The Ship and the Storm" about the sinking of the Fantome during hurricane Mitch.

Ann

This morning I awake to see it a Cat. 5! Holy Cow! :censored:
Colin, you know my door is open. Even though I am on the east coast, its still predicted to pass north of here as a 3. We all know by now how the forecasts are, and hopefully this is a worst case scenerio.
Florida- hang on, its gonna get windy!

Best of luck to any of you in the way, the news just called her a CAT 5.
Time to fill up the gas tanks, hang the shutters, tie off the boat,...you know the drill.

cheers,
Steve

Just spent the night listening to her intensifying. Current estimates are windspeeds of 175mph near the middle, pressure dropped over 80mb overnight. This could be the biggest storm ever! Gotta go check on boats!

It's the strongest storm ever recorded in the Atlantic, but expected to weaken before it gets here.

Thank God it's expected to weaken. Good luck to all on the west coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom