Wing Drainage to Save You or your Crew's Back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just inflate the thing at the end, pushes the water right out.
We'd probably laugh at you as we watch and wait while you fight with a full back inflate wing... and then laugh at you again for every consecutive dive as you now have to empty your wing before each drop... hot drops only over here.

The drainage issue isn't only coming up the ladder, I never even notice that but after imersing them in a rinse tank - omg it sucks how much water they hold an how slow they drain!!!

Great idea!!! I think the safety issue isn't an issue lol - it's actually a backsaver

We'd probably laugh at you as we watch and wait while you fight with a full back inflate wing... and then laugh at you again for every consecutive dive as you now have to empty your wing before each drop... hot drops only over here.
I’m used to nervous laughter when people learn how hard they have worked to solve a simple problem.

Johndiver's just busting my chops.
Red hot dive phillips screwdriver probably would have been sufficent. I feared without a grommet the material would fray.
Yeah but I would have done it with the BC inflated (probably). LOL. I hate having air in the wing on the boat, especially with an air 2 because you can't suck the air out.

Yeah but I would have done it with the BC inflated (probably). LOL. I hate having air in the wing on the boat, especially with an air 2 because you can't suck the air out.
I’ve got this little device on a big hose, push the button and the air comes out again. You can suck air out with an Air 2 by pushing the big button down hard. I know it’s hard to operate all of these devices there must be a course on it by one of the agencies.

I’ve got this little device on a big hose, push the button and the air comes out again. You can suck air out with an Air 2 by pushing the big button down hard. I know it’s hard to operate all of these devices there must be a course on it by one of the agencies.
Interesting, did the speacialty course you took teach you that inhaling on an Air2 while holding the dump button wouldn't deliver gas from the first stage?

Interesting, did the speacialty course you took teach you that inhaling on an Air2 while holding the dump button wouldn't deliver gas from the first stage?
Didn’t take the course, don’t use air 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom