Winter Shore Diving Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aren't the springs a constant 68F or so all year round? I'd rather go there than to the Gulf since it's colder.

(I know, I'm wanting to go to Pelham where the water is 54F... it's a one day fun thing. I'd hit the springs for a weekend. :p)

Gulf is closer, don't always have time for the springs :) Temps? Bah, does matter.

I am also looking to get some shore dives in this winter. I haven't been to the Whiskey Wreck in a few years and would like to start diving it again. I also like Pensacola Beach. Both are close to home.

With a weeks notice, I can make it over any day of the week.

Can anyone point me to a link for tide info for Gulf Shores?

Gulf is closer, don't always have time for the springs :) Temps? Bah, does matter.

Once I get my dry suit up and running, I won't care where I dive or when. :)

EDIT: I should say "I won't care what tempature.".

3' viz...who needs that when you dive with a "seeing eye dog (diver)" right Mat!:D:D

My first shore dive after being certified was the Whiskey, on a rough day, with no viz. No problem, Mat led me around (literally) the wreck and I got to experience but not see the Whiskey Wreck. Good Times!

Sure thing, just be prepared for not-so-ideal conditions :) We typically have to settle for 3' visibility and waist high surf!

Bwahahahaa! :D I'll pretty much go out in the water anytime as long as there's someone else coming along thats psyched enough to do it as well. :D

Glen - you could see the wreck whenever the surge smacked us into it :D

Back
Top Bottom