Winter Shore Diving Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to be getting more and more covered up. Have you seen it lately Mat? How does it look?

Dunno, every chance I've had to dive it recently, I've either been thwarted by conditions or the lack of a buddy.

Last time I was there, it was close to what it was pre-Ivan, which was still better than it was when I first got certified :)

The Whiskey's state for the majority of last year was extremely good as far as relief. There was more exposed than, supposedly, in the past 20 years. I just hope we don't have to wait another 20...

Yes, I remember seeing it a few times...REAL CLOSE! I remember a number of things about that dive...one guy who couldn't get his weight belt to stay on, he eventually called the dive, then when I got back out to you guys, my regulator was free flowing, you got that stopped, and then the waves and viz. Man, I can't wait to go back to the Whiskey.:D

Bwahahahaa! :D I'll pretty much go out in the water anytime as long as there's someone else coming along thats psyched enough to do it as well. :D

Glen - you could see the wreck whenever the surge smacked us into it :D

I wish it would uncover more. It's the only "wreck" I can access with 0 money. :) With my SAC rate improving a little more (not sure to what from what.. I just know it's getting better), I can spend a LOT more time on it at 16fsw. :)

Dunno, every chance I've had to dive it recently, I've either been thwarted by conditions or the lack of a buddy.

Post what day you are thinking about going, if i'm off that day i'm there.

The biggest problem is, when I have time and conditions are good, its a spur of the moment thing :/ I think I have your phone number, I'll have to just give you a call next time things look good.

True, conditions around this time of the year are a little more hard to judge. I will PM you my cell if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom