Wisdom 2 model numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin' dog,

These are the two main differences betwen the 9100 and 7100. The 64-bit vs. the 32-bit is not a dive computer distinction, but something with MS Vista OS. They are the ones that have the 64 bit/32 bit difference.

The only cosmetic difference is the colors of the buttons. 7100 series units have the blue buttons, the 9100 series have chrome buttons.

My opinion whether or not to purchase the new one is easy. If you don't see the benefit of the Deep Stop or don't think you will use the feature, then purchase the 7100 series computer.

As for your quesiton on making the computer more liberal or conservative, the answer is: both of them (7100 and 9100) can be made more conservative. There is a setting for you to make it more conservative. You cannot make it more liberal.

Sherwood Rep.

Great question.

There are two major differences between these two versions.

1. Memory, Sherwood Scuba doubled the memory on the CG9125.
2. Deep Stop, Sherwood Scuba added a Deep Stop into the unit.

By doubling the memory, does that only affect the amount of dives that can be recorded (assuming both are set to record at the same setting)? How many dives can the CG7125 record vs the CG9125 at default settings?

The total number of dives in the history is 300. That number doesn't change. What changed was the amount of dive information that can be stored into the computer for downloading purposes to a PC.

Sherwood Rep.

divin' dog,

These are the two main differences betwen the 9100 and 7100. The 64-bit vs. the 32-bit is not a dive computer distinction, but something with MS Vista OS. They are the ones that have the 64 bit/32 bit difference.

The only cosmetic difference is the colors of the buttons. 7100 series units have the blue buttons, the 9100 series have chrome buttons.

Sherwood Rep.

I was just saying the housing looks the same but the insides are different just like a PC. I was not saying the wisdoms were 32 and 64 bit systems.
I as just giving an analogy between the Wisdom 2 computers and why the newer software may not run on the older Wisdoms computers.

PS

64 bit goes back to NT days and it’s not specific to vista.

The new 9100 model also requires a new data cable:

The Wisdom2 w/Chrome Buttons (9100 Series) requires the SDK400.
The Wisdom2 w/Blue Buttons (7100 Series) requires the SDK200.

Therefore, the hardware change must be in some ways more significant than the change from the original Wisdom to the Wisdom 2 (7100) since I'm pretty sure those used the same cable.

It would be really nice if Sherwood offered some sort of trade-up incentive to original Wisdom and Wisdom 2 owners, especially given that we discussed adding the Deep Stop option right here on the ScubaBoard Sherwood Forum last year.

Right now, if I want to add Deep Stop functionality, my only option is to eBay my 7100 and buy a new Wisdom 2 9100.

C'mon Sherwood, let's reward some owner loyalty with some loyalty in return! I don't mind paying a bit, but give us some sort of trade-up allowance or something...

>*< Fritz

Sherwood Rep.

Just purchased a Wisdom 2. Nothing on either the box or the computer indicates the model number. If I look at the buttons, they are not blue, they are gray. Not sure if that is considered chrome? Is there any other way to verify which one I got? I was looking at a download cable on ebay and the seller says it won't work with the new ones.

Dave

Just purchased a Wisdom 2. Nothing on either the box or the computer indicates the model number. If I look at the buttons, they are not blue, they are gray.

I think the plain grey buttons means you actually got a Wisdom 1. The Wisdom 2 9100 series at my dealer has shiny chrome buttons.

Yup. Started to catch on to that last night. They sold me a Wisdom 1 in a Wisdom 2 box. Going back today to hopefully swap for the right model.

Thanks,
Dave

The new 9100 model also requires a new data cable:

Therefore, the hardware change must be in some ways more significant than the change from the original Wisdom to the Wisdom 2 (7100) since I'm pretty sure those used the same cable.

It would be really nice if Sherwood offered some sort of trade-up incentive to original Wisdom and Wisdom 2 owners, especially given that we discussed adding the Deep Stop option right here on the ScubaBoard Sherwood Forum last year.

Right now, if I want to add Deep Stop functionality, my only option is to eBay my 7100 and buy a new Wisdom 2 9100.

C'mon Sherwood, let's reward some owner loyalty with some loyalty in return! I don't mind paying a bit, but give us some sort of trade-up allowance or something...

>*< Fritz

Thank you at least I'm not the only one who feels this way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom