Women Only in Women Only? Poll

Should Men be welcome in the Women Only Forum?

• I'm a Woman. I think Men should stay out

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I'm a Woman. I have No opinion on this.

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • I'm a Woman. I think men should be allowed in here.

Votes: 69 35.4%
  • I'm a Man. I think Men should stay out

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I'm a Man. I have No opinion on this.

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • I'm a Man. I think men should be allowed in here.

Votes: 57 29.2%
  • I think this poll is a bad idea.

Votes: 33 16.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I have to share a username because Scubaboard doesn't allow 1 computer to have 2 user names (it kept telling me that this computer was already registered). If men were banned from the women only board - I wouldn't get to use it. I bet this is the case with lots of husband and wife divers on the boards.

Tina

Trigger,

You can have two user names (hubby and I do) but you need to go in and delete the cookie that remembers your user name each time you log on. You also have to use the log out link each time you leave if you don't want to close your connection if your spouse wants to log on.

If you have additional problems, I would post a message in the site support forum.

Hope this helps,
:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Yes, there are issues that are strictly women's territory, but let's not be too strict. We can all learn from a different point.

A number of points.

1. This forum is useful. I'm able to pass on some useful tips to my wife.

2. A women only forum is about an anachronistic as the Men Only bar at the golf club - something that by and large has been consigned to history.

3. Why not rename the forum - the sub heading has ir right. Isn't there a more appropriate main title?

4. Why were the 2.83% of voters who said they were men and shouldn't be in the forum, in there in the first place????????????

I WISH that ALL the men would come into the women's forum, and read ALL of it, not just the "juicy" stuff that usually interests them. So much of the time it seems like men have no idea what we women have to go through, and how much they take for granted (availability of clothing or equipment that was designed with their body structure, for example!)

Bravo to all the men who come in here and really learn something, and use the information to be better instructors, DMs, buddies, or pass it on to a woman who isn't reading scubaboard!

otter-cat:)

Many of the men who have spoken on this have good intentions in reading & contributing to the Women Only Forum, & I can understand the urge to read something for the "other" (perhaps they thought we were talking about sex, or, oh my!... THEM!!!) I voted against men contributing before I read some of the very legitimate reasons for their interest, and here is why:

When I want an opinion about women's buoyancy issues or equipment or how to handle a sexist instructor, I go to another woman diver. I meet plenty of men at the beach who sound like experts on any topic, but I avoid them when I need a woman's POV. On this board, some nicknames are ambiguous. I read their opinions and don't know till several messages later if I am hearing from a woman or just another guy.

Don't think I don't value the thoughts of the wise & skilled men on this board, especially on a question requesting their manly POV, but I guess I'd like to know up front if someone is a guy speaking of his girlfriend's experience or if I'm hearing form the girlfriend herself.:wink:

I voted let men in.... But if it's women only, then maybe only women should be the ones to start a thread :confused:
If a man wants to start a thread go some were else.

Just a man's idea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom