Women's Weekend Getaways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...by the end of November I'll have the dates secured for April and May.

I'm really excited about having women travel from other places to experience the Emerald Sea that I feel fortunate enough to call my backyard.

I'll be offering different venues throughout the spring - fall so that a repeat visit will be possible. While each getaway will be a Dive/Yoga getaway, there will be a "secondary" emphasis, depending on locale. For example, our August getaway is in Port Townsend, Washington...and will explore the history of Port Townsend, as we dive a bottle field known to contain 100+ year old bottles. Just some local fun thrown into the already spectacular diving.

Stay tuned...and PM me if you are interested in attending so I can follow up with more info!

Thanks for all of your suggestions...they have been hugely helpful and created some alterations based on feedback.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I am interested in more info. I to usually travel alone even though I have been married for 32 yrs to a diver. He just isn't that interested anymore. My idea of "dressing up" is Khaki slacks or shorts depending on the weather. :)

I really like your website - I just spent about 2 hrs reading a lot of it but not all yet. I
signed up for your email. Will I get the info on the trips with it or do we need to PM you?

I am getting involved with Yoga - I was wondering if there is any reading you suggest. I know my gym offers the classes - I need to check and see when and get started.

Thanks
Becky

Becky,

While I'd like to say that for dress-up you can wear shorts...better bring khaki's along just in case. But that's only due to the somewhat temperate climate in the Northwest...believe me, our dive/yoga weekends are going to be spent in comfy clothes!!

I've added you to the GirlDiver email list, so you'll get the "Breaking News" update in your email when the dates are finalized...and other GirlDiver news. Expecting to be able to open these up for registrations by early December.

As for the yoga, this is a "no previous yoga required" getaway, so anything you take at your local gym will put you ahead of the game. We're not standing on our heads or twisting into knots. The movements are very easy and the focus will be on different muscular groups, relaxation and breath control.

Thanks again...and Happy Diving!

Back
Top Bottom