woot woot new DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm:
just finishes my DM stuff, it's offical!!!!I'm the newest PADI DM :59: :cheering: a long four months in the making

That's wonderful. Congrats! So, are you going to start DMing?

Your next step is OWSI!!!! I hope you take less time than I did... It only took me 23 years.... :10:

Seriously... if you have your sights on OWSI... do it now while all the theory is fresh...

Al

baitedstorm:
you guys are the best!!!!! Thanks for all the congrats :60: !!!!!! I'm looking into places to take me IDC/IE now. I'm in no way, shape, or form ready to be an Instructor, but I crave the knowledge those courses will offer. With only a mere 99 dives (and just over a year of diving) under my belt, I certainly need to gain more experience. I haven't yet asked to be included in the Instructor2Instructor forum yet, but will do so after this post. There is truly such a wonderful support system here, I'm glad I'm part of the team.

Thanks guys,
Vickie

Believe it or not, you're more ready than you think you are. IDC is easier than the DM course.

I took my IDC at EASE in Vero. Philippe is an outstanding CD. We were more than ready for the IE. I also hear that Ocean Divers is excellent.

Al

Thanks Al,
I'll have to check them out. Vero's a heck of alot closer to me then Fort Lauderdale.

Congrats. Im almost done with mine. HOw were the exams?

The PADI exams are easy... the toughest being the questions on the wheel. I think I missed only one or two when I took mine. The NAUI ones are tougher, but no wheel! I missed far more on the NAUI ones, but my average was still @ 96% so they still aren't that difficult.

I scored 90 on physics, 95 on physiology, and 95 on decompression theory (I missed one question on the wheel), and 100's on ever thing else. *remember though, with 2 direct hits from those hurricanes I had four months of studying everyday so I really should have gotten 100's across the board* The wheel was the hardest thing for me, I felt there was to much room for error. I actually used the rdp for most of the wheel questions and it worked being that they were all multiple "guess". The 400 yard swim just about kicked my rear. I did it with one arm (rotator cuff is fried again) and still did it with in 13:09 minutes (sucky time, but I scored 5's in everything else so it made up for that 1) The gear exchange was pretty comical. The best advice I could offer is this; when you get down to the deep end, use the rescue breathing rule of 5 counts and take 2 breaths, also go painfully slow because if you get winded those 2 quick breaths won't be enough. We also took off each others stuff to an extent, like I unbuckled and unhooked all of his stuff, then he slipped out of it. And whatever you do, don't start laughing :laughing: it stunk sucking down water and trying to cough without a reg in your mouth.. (would have made a good blooper video :eyebrow: )

NetDoc:
She even has access to our I2I forum now! :D
wooohoooo :59:

My NAUI Instructor course had a variation of the gear exchange... you use only one set of gear and buddy breathe the whole time. You descend and the gear goes from one diver to the other... you swim across the pool and change again and then swim back. One mask, one weight belt, one set of fins, one scuba unit. You have to buddy breathe "blind" which makes partner control essential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom