• Portugal (28:1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uruguay (28:1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well you can cross off Spain and Uruguay after their poor showings. My money is on Ghana

How's Ghana looking now?

I'd vote I on the who gives one. I love soccer... Go figure. Great thread. I don't care who wins because it will not be US. I'm going to watch as much as I can.

Like watching paint dry in the middle of a thunder storm......

Holland looked devestating!

Well you can cross off Spain and Uruguay after their poor showings. My money is on Ghana

lol.......lowly USA took 'em......

I'm a motorsports fan but tried watching this again this time, but still just much bad acting over getting kicked in the leg. I'm sure it does hurt like hell but so many resulted in writhing around on the ground for five minutes like they were on the brink of death while watching the ref to pull some card out. Apparently there isn't a flopping penalty. You guys enjoy.

Apparently there isn't a flopping penalty. You guys enjoy.

Actually they can receive a yellow card for diving but they're not given very often.

More often than not (ie, almost always) it's "punished" by the referee simply ignoring it. I guess the theory is that while the player is down trying to make a show of it, he puts his team down a man temporarily. Apparently referees aren't very happy with this situation because it can be hard to tell the difference between a dive and a real injury.

During a tournament like the world cup you'll see hundreds of dives and probably zero yellow cards drawn for it. In fact, most of the yellow cards drawn for diving will be in error, not against the player making the dive, but against the player who was getting framed for it. It's a horrible shame that soccer is like this. I put it on par with fighting in hockey as something that really detracts from the game.

R..

I have always said in World Cups (and other major tournaments) they should have a fourth referee review the video after the game and give a retrospective yellow card to any player who is clearly shown to be diving on video. Once a few people get suspensions the message would get through. You can fool the ref on the pitch, but much harder to fool the video.

I have always said in World Cups (and other major tournaments) they should have a fourth referee review the video after the game and give a retrospective yellow card to any player who is clearly shown to be diving on video. Once a few people get suspensions the message would get through. You can fool the ref on the pitch, but much harder to fool the video.

I like your idea!!!

Back
Top Bottom