• Portugal (28:1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uruguay (28:1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll take futbal (soccer) any day over baseball... I guess I'm just un-American.

Of course my Dad was 100% German stock (but born here) and was captain of the high school all-state team in Illinois and I both played and coached the sport many decades ago.

You forgot to add to the poll "who gives a sh*t" :rofl3:

I changed my mind. I voted Argentina but after the way Costa Rica has been playing I wish (yeah I know it's totally unrealistic) that they'd at least make it to the final. They deserve it.

Well, you can like football (soccer), or not like football, but last night's result has to be one of the most remarkable scores in the history of any sport.

Germany 7, Brazil 1.

Previously Brazil had not lost a competitive home game in 16 years. You have to go back to 1930 to get the next highest margin of victory in a world cup semi final. Germany only beat Algeria by a single goal.

Extraordinary.

Well, you can like football (soccer), or not like football, but last night's result has to be one of the most remarkable scores in the history of any sport.

Germany 7, Brazil 1.

Previously Brazil had not lost a competitive home game in 16 years. You have to go back to 1930 to get the next highest margin of victory in a world cup semi final. Germany only beat Algeria by a single goal.

Extraordinary.

I saw several sources saying they'd not lost a competitive home game since 1975 (against Peru in the Copa America). It was an astonishing result. I couldn't watch it past the third goal, though -- I just felt too bad for the home fans (and there was no contest past that that point anyway). It's one thing to lose, but quite another to have your defense fall apart so spectacularly.

Argentina-Netherlands was pretty much the opposite. Perhaps both sides adopted their conservative, defensive approach out of fear of going down like Brazil.

When I left the house Germany was ahead of Brazil 1-0. When I got to the sports bar where the TVs are, it was 5-0. I didn't bother watching the game. I remained in front of the big screen the entire match between Argentina and Holland.

Well, in the end I thought that was a fantastic final to end a fantastic world cup. True, a mere 17% of the population of the planet watched the final game.

I personally will remember it for being the first world cup final I have ever watched at 4am in a Hong Kong shopping mall surrounded by half naked Filipinos sweating profusely.

Salud, Mario Götze.

Both Germany and Argentina deserved the world cup.
Unfortunately and once again referees and linemen were not at the level required for such a match.
The performance of the italian referee Nicola Rizzoli was questionable.
Anyway, the "great" Lionel Messi was absent yesterday. A pitty.

Back
Top Bottom