World Record: Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
A cooler stocked full of beer..or for that matter, a hi-jacked delivery truck with a thermo-king to keep it cold all day long...

I didn't forget, I just didn't want to put off the non-drinkers. I did say the finest food and DRINK.

AquaTec once bubbled...
I am wondering if this is an attempt to just make a name for yourself, being a new diver it is a record that requires no other skill than patience.

As for the hookah. Well that would contradict S.C.U.B.A. SELF CONTAINED underwater breathing apparatus

As for wearing doubles or triples. Considering fatigue I would suggest wearing no more than your thermal protection, possibly a semi dry suit so you can take it on and off as needed. And as for tanks how about 40's something light

You could use a block on your full-face mask and switch out tanks as needed. I would say not to have the tank on your back
Or get a crapload of HP120s with deco regs on them and just lay them all over the bottom. When one runs out, switch over to the next one and continue down the line.. I would wear depends and a p-valve...just in case..

Imagine going to sleep on twin 120s ... then about 4 hours into the night you'd wake gasping for air. Bottom line - surface support would be involved 24-7. Like a baby on mamma's milk every 2 hours or so...you'd never be able to sleep straight through.

Water temperature would have to be momma's womb dude. Any heat loss is unacceptable - again surface support could adjust the temperature. Also you could have a very small diameter hose of cold water that could be lowered in and you could use it for a refreshing underwater shower.

Don't go dry or wet on the exposure suit - you'll have to adjust the environment and go almost naked.

An all liquid diet is the key - they've got some great stuff from NASA these days.

Oh yeah and plan to feel like crap for a long time afterwards, and weening yourself will be a slow process too.

Tekkie once bubbled...
All I have to say is bring down a coupple of magazines.

And o ya Good Luck!

Tekkie

PS (Your Crazy)

JK

Nope. I'm crazy. He's insane!

<insert maniacal laughter here>

Check this site out: http://www.jul.com/mid.html

In a Key Largo there is the site of the an underwater hotel and a research lab. They have plenty of surface support. It's sponsored by the Marine Reseach Development Facilty and a private entity. I work for NASA-KSC. About 4 years ago they allowed us to use their facility for one of our experiments...They were not cheap! But they had the facility. At least you could get an accurate feel of cost to submit a proposal. NASA has done extensive reseach here and I doubt you could get funding from us. For Guiness records, I would look at some of the sponsors for like series "Survivor" or something akin to them

In the summer months, the lagoon averages around 86 deg. Waste excretment will cause an issue and you will probably need an an environmental assessment which is another cost to consider.

Keep me posted on your project....I may be interested in helping

Joe ... cbdives@hotmail.com

of O-ring doing surface support with a hooka unit. He has the Primary hose in his hand kinking it and saying:

Air On ... Air Off... Air On...Air Off

Didn't somebody just get the record recently?
South Africa..Nov 6,2002... Tim Yarrow 10 days

How about calling the Fox TV network and see if they will sponser you on some new reality show. "man vs. ocean who will win in this epic struggle"

just an idea to raise some cash:D

scuberd once bubbled...
How about calling the Fox TV network and see if they will sponser you on some new reality show. "man vs. ocean who will win in this epic struggle"

just an idea to raise some cash:D

Hay, I think that could work, but you'd have to flirt with every fish you happen to see, or if there is no fish in the swimming pool, then flirt with... whatever. You know how the audience is, as long as you flirt... (But if one of the fishes is already married, then that'll be better for Fox TV !!)

:D

Back
Top Bottom