Worst Divers Ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
Hmm... I was hoping for more content than a discussion about the merits of plaid... *raises an eyebrow*
- Warren

I see that I was too circumspect again...
And I know what you were hoping for...

Warren,
When you look at the picture in your profile do you see a blue plaid shirt or a green plaid shirt?

You know what color it is in your closet but you also know what color it appears to be in your profile picture.

Why do you chose to call a blue shirt green?
Why do you insist that a blue shirt is green?
Do you not understand that what color the shirt appears to be in your closet is irrelevant to what color it is in the picture?
We could argue all night and you would stubbornly insist that the shirt is green even though the shirt we are really talking about isn't a shirt at all but a picture of a shirt.... and that picture shows a blue shirt Warren.

Much the same as the arguments about worst divers.

All right... I still don't get it. How is an old man with gear from the '70s and no training following divers into caves NOT exactly what it seems?

- Warren

Warren what you see in the story might be different than what others see...

You are not reading it the way it is written...
Just like you were not seeing the shirt as it is pictured...

You posted the picture... but you could not see the pictured shirt because you only saw the real shirt ....

You posted the story... but you can not see what the story is telling because you only see the story you were trying to tell....

If you could step out of yourself and your frame of referrence and look at your story you might see something that hadn't occured to you before.

I was trying to lead you along the path of self discovery but I stepped in the muck along the way.

I will stop with the *riddles* and we will see if anyone else has been following this...

And if they have any idea what I am trying to point out.

I think I partially understand where Pug was going with this. Could it be that if we heard the story from the Old man, it might be told different? It might make Warren and his buddies out to be the bad guys?

That being said, if the Old Man did as said, even if their were slight differences in how the story was being told, the guy was an idiot. Plain and simple. If practices like that continue, he will get himself or someone else killed.

Originally posted by tubaloo
Hold the presses.
I've got it.
Pug WAS the old man in the story. The other side that Warren left out is about those stinkin' newbies with their new-fangled certimufications and redundenant flashlights who don't have no respect for a real diver.

Hmm... I dunno, something tells me that UP wouldn't exactly be diving gear that he traded for a parachute 30 years ago... or that UP would go diving with no gauge, backup reg, or lights... but this too is just my perception looking through the internet... :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom