Worst ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space once bubbled...
don't start with the fairy boy s***. You know what the truth is. He's the best damn driver in Nascar today. By the way have you picked a new driver yet.LOL

No he was the best driver, at least for a few years. Now everham left he is just another good driver and far from the best. I am not a big NASCAR fan and definitely not Gordon fan but i think any one can see he lost his edge when he lost his crew chief.

Now back to the original idea of the post. I don't work in a dive shop but I do have to deal with lots of unpleasant customers. Today, I had a lady that was upset because we charged her for next day air to get product in to our store and then next day air charges to get the product to her so that she could have it according to her time requirements. Normally we don't charge for shipping from the manufacutrer to us, but then again we would normally ship it ground and not next day air. Appareantly it was our fault that she had to have soemthing in less than a week. She should be mad at herself for waiting so long, and not at us for passing on the additional cost in making her happy.

Jeff Gordon eh? Gay or not he is a POS if the story that started this is true.

Using the gloves all day and not paying for them? People like this make me sick, especially when they are rich.

Fact .... most of our worst paying customers, are richer than sin.

POS, one and all.

You guys think you have bad customers to deal with....try being a police officer! LOL We get to deal with some real prize winners! LOL

Bad boys, bad boys ... whatcha gonna do when they come for you? LOL!

Seriously, back in 93....was working with the Maryland State Police. What a pain having those idiots follow you EVERYWHERE for 3 days. They were with us for like 2 weeks to get 30 minutes of film.

Well i'll be .... we have a hollywood cop on board.:D

Ps: you couldn't pay me enough to do your job, my hats off to you and all cops. The idiocy many of you have to deal with on a regular basis is amazing. You would think the perps would settle down a little quicker with cameras and lights shining on them ..... LOL!

My Divemastering (is that a word?) experience is pretty small right now, and will probably stay that way, but the worst I ever had to deal with (and this is nothing compared to some of the stories I've read in here) was actually a couple of different people in an AOW class.

One was a woman, who was just a total *****. On the day of the navigation\s&r\night dives, I saw her struggling to get into her BC. She was partnered up with two other women, both of whom were busy helping each other, so I asked her if she needed a hand. She tore right into me, exclaiming that she could do it herself and needed no help from me or from anybody. To her credit, she did get all suited up by herself, but it took her quite a long time. The instructor, in an effort to improve her trim a bit (she had the tendancy to actually walk across the bottom - and our local lakes are VERY silty) had asked her to not use her ankle weights for this dive. Rather than throw a tantrum this time, she decided to go the passive-aggressive route and remove the ankle weights. Of course everytime she tried to descend she would just roll over onto her side and complain really loudly that she needed her ankle weights. Well, we finally gave in and went to get her ankle weights for her. Funny thing... next to her ankle weights was the integrated weights from her BC that she had forgotten to insert. Probably wouldn't have happened if she had accepted some help in gearing up.

The other oh-so-fun student was a guy who "had been diving for 10 years". I've come to realize that anytime a student says they've been diving for 10 years, it means that they are a horrible diver. I think the amount of diving in these claims is directly proportional to the general suckiness of the divers skill. And this guy was no exception. He was paired up with the only other guy in the class, who was actually a really good diver. Anyway, it was time for the night dive, and the instructor took the class (3 women as a buddy team, and the two guys as the other buddy team) on a night tour with me trailing behind keeping an eye on things. They got to the turnaround point and the instructor told them all to ascend. At the surface he directed them to take a compass bearing back to our start point and to lead themselves on. This is where the fun begins.

The 5 students descend, only one of the girls is having some trouble equalizing. Her buddies (one of which is the woman I talked about before) are oblivious to her plight and just head on out, never once realizing that she wasn't behind them. Well, the instructor chased after them to ask about where their buddy was, but I never saw them again on that dive, so told the girl to just buddy up with the two guys for the rest of the dive or until her two buddies returned.

Ok, I'm rambling... sorry. Anyway, the two guys and the girl head off, and I'm following. Suddenly the 10-year veteran just stops and turns to me and asks me where his buddy (the other guy) is. Well, his buddy was directly above him, so I pointed up. What's he do? He signales OK, and starts to ascend. I stop him and point up at his buddy. So again, he starts to ascend. I stop him again, and this time signal LOOK. UP. He starts to ascend. I stop him, grab his head and tilt it up. Light dawns and he suddenly is happy to have finally found his buddy. So they start heading to shore again.

Inexplicably, this guy's compass slips into some alternate universe where the magnetic poles are different from good ol' Earth's, and he just turns 90 degrees to the left and just tears off as fast as he can. Now I'm stuck with a descision. Do I stay with the two other divers, or do I try and save this guy from himself? Well, the other two were decent divers, so I decided to leave them and chase this guy. He's going as fast as he can, and I was just able to catch him. My hand was just about to grab his fin, when his compass miraculously returned to our reality and started pointing in the right direction again. I seriously wonder how this guy hasn't gotten himself killed in his glorious 10 year career.

I work at a LDS so I run into this kind of thing all the time. I am 19 years old and that is fairly young for a Divecon/Divemaster in the area of the country I am from. In class recently we had a husband and wife team who were not doing too well so the Instructor assigned me to babysit them. They would not listen to a SINGLE word I said. I finally had to get forceful with them and tell them that if they did not complete the skills correctly then they would not be ready for Openwater by the end of the class. That finally got their attention and they quit ignoring me. I am a fairly laid back guy so I don't like getting forceful.

We had another student who was a 15 year old with a learning disability. He was a real sweet kid but he just had a hard time. He would be underwater on Scuba and just stop breathing. I took him to the surface countless times. The person in charge of training at the shop made him do the pool and classroom sessions twice (at a discount of course) and he finally was able to complete that portion and move on to openwater. I have been diving with him a few times (his parents don't dive) since the class and has turned into a fairly good diver. His buoyancy control is pretty good, no dangling hoses and he respects the marine life.

We had a husband and wife team who I got along with pretty well in one of our classes and they pumped me for information about purchasing equipment after their class was over because I work in the store as well. They came in one day right as the store manager and I were closing. Since I had worked with them before I told the manager to go on home and I will take care of them. I had them sold on Scubapro equipment and I gave them a pretty good discount (more than the 10% MARP) and we offer the first year of service free of charge. I put aside the gear for them because they said they were going to come back closer to the time of the trip. They come in a week later with unassembled regs and BCDs and ask me to put them together for them and I check them out. I understand people buying off the internet but what made me angry was they took two hours of my life on a FRIDAY NIGHT so they could buy their gear from Leisure Pro. I assembled their gear and charged them 25 bucks to do so. I checked everything out and we always put hose protectors on inflator and console hoses. The output pressure on their first stages was a little low as well so I adjusted that. I just don't like being used like that.

$25.00 is cheap for what they did to you. I'm not entirely sure that I would have assembled the gear at all. Certainly not for less than the value of two hours of my time on a Friday night.

Let 'em assemble the stuff themselves and see how well it works when they go on their trip.

This kind of behavior really p*sses me off.

Back
Top Bottom