Worst Job You Ever Had?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One summer I worked the concession stands at a softball park. Working in the stands was ok but part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms. Surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) the women's were far worse than the men's.....but that's a whole other topic..

Working the fryer at Chi-Chi's - I did it for 1 day.

scubachick01:
One summer I worked the concession stands at a softball park. Working in the stands was ok but part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms. Surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) the women's were far worse than the men's.....but that's a whole other topic..

The Ladies room is always worse than the mens room. Probably because they will not sit down . They do the hover thing and make it worse for the next person.

I would not say it was my worst...But it was my nastiest. Cleaning the stalls at a Peep show/ Dirty book store. Part of the midnight shift was to mop and wipe down the stalls.

The job hardest on the body was planting shallots and stacking hay/straw.

My worst job was working in an ice cream parlor. Eveyrone thinks "yay, get all the free ice cream you can suck down your gob", but forget to mention the 24/7 stench of rotting milk that permeats every piece of clothing you own. It's impossible to get out.
My almost worst job was working in one of those chinese places at a mall food court in college. I showed up and changed clothes and the stench made me nauseous. I knew I'd end up with the same everlasting stench as the ice cream experience if I stayed so I quietly excused myself and never went shopping at that mall again.

Dectek:
The Ladies room is always worse than the mens room. Probably because they will not sit down . They do the hover thing and make it worse for the next person.

Yep...and they forget (or don't care) that there's some poor sap who has to clean up after them.

I would not say it was my worst...But it was my nastiest. Cleaning the stalls at a Peep show/ Dirty book store. Part of the midnight shift was to mop and wipe down the stalls.

Now THAT would be worse than cleaning public restrooms! :yuck:

Building tires for Uniroyal in Detroit during the summer. Even on the graveyard shift the temperature on the factory floor would go over 100, and at the ovens it would top 120. Hard, nasty, dirty and dangerous. Convinced me to stay in college.

Cleaning the OLD inch thick maggot and mouse filled grease from under the stove at the Wok Inn Noodle. 3 hours was my limit.

Bob:
I got drafted back in 1970 and wound up spending a year in Vietnam. Not that I minded serving my country, :wflag: I would if called upon again, but it was the worst job I've ever had. I wouldn't want to go through war again. :tree: Bob

Ditto: USMC, RVN '69-'70

Let's see, since I've averaged at least a job a year since college, there are a couple of cadidates for the "worst job award".

The first was selling caskets. Now you're probably thinking that it's easy, right? After all, it's something everybody needs. My job was "advanced sales". I had to cold call people and convince them that they needed a casket - now! Needless to say I never sold anything. The other terrible part of this job was working in the basement of the funeral home and encountering grieving families on my way to lunch. I never left work in a good mood.

The second contender is a job that I had as a network administrator. You see, I was hired to work on medical software, but on the day I was hired their network admin walked out. So the boss decides that since I have *some* computer know-how, I can EASILY perform in this capacity. I explained to him repeatedly that this was well beyond my capabilities. Did I mention that this job was in 2001, and the newest machine in the office was from 1994? There was also $0 budget for purcashing new equipment. The owner didn't understand why I couldn't make the machines run the latest software. I lasted for about a month at this job.

I think we need a spin-off of this thread for worst job interviews, because I have a whole slew of those!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom