Worst Job You Ever Had?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flower bulb packer in rotterdam (NL) - rotted fingernails

Cleaning oil tanker (sea going variety) - 1 hour worked £30 (100 NL guilders) had to burn my clothes as they had 20 year old oil on them, took me 6 weeks to get the oil/smell out of my rotted fingernails.

Working illegally in Malaysia as a diving instructor and spending 3 days in a Malaysian jail, playing pick-up the soap with Ali-Bubba. then getting deported.

Working on a bridge in Sydney that was 50 metres (165 feet) above a flowing river that had ferries going under it. Then discovering my fear of heights.

Been a county court bailiff removing people's belongings when they dont pay their court fines. Having to turn down a Nigerian who wanted to sell me his children or have sex with his wife.

As a private investigator telling a client his wife was cheating on him, not with his best freind (as he thought), but with his best freind's wife.

... and there are so many more!!!!

I tried to stay cheerful and perform my duties with a smile but the job was tough on the skin and I had to get it all off.... couldn't leave anything covered... not even a speck.

When re-painting airplanes you really shouldn't just put on a new coat over the old... eventually the weight of the paint would make the plane too heavy.

So the old paint has to all come off... even the underlying zinc chromate primer. The chemical used to strip the paint off of the aluminum is very caustic and really burns if you get it on you.

Stripping paint off of airplanes is a very miserable job.

Notifying next of kin.

I got drafted back in 1970 and wound up spending a year in Vietnam. Not that I minded serving my country, :wflag: I would if called upon again, but it was the worst job I've ever had. I wouldn't want to go through war again. :tree: Bob

:tribute:

IN HONOR OF THOSE WHO DIED DEFENDING OUR FREEDOM

DURING HIGH SCHOOL I WORKED FOR ONE DAY AS A DISHWASHER IN A MEXICAN RESTRAUNT DID NOT EAT MEXICAN FOOD FOR OVER A YEAR AFTERWARDS.

BEST JOB I HAD IN HIGH SCHOOL WAS MCDONALDS (YEAH I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING) YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED AT THE NUMBER OF YOUNG WOMEN THAT YOU CAN MEET IN MCDONALDS IT'S A GOOD THING WHEN YOU ARE 17

NOW I AM AN OLD DEPUTY SHERIFF

.....but some were not fun.

I worked in a grocery store bagging groceries, mopping floors, preping produce, and throwing stock. Then I wised up and joined the Marines.....and became a grunt. Back to the grocery store after that while in college. Also, worked changing oil for jiffy lube, changing tires at tire kingdom. Then I did customer service work for a credit card company. Now I am working in the IT field configing network equipment. Boy what a long strange trip it has been. What is next for me????

Paul=-)

Being a telemarketer was not as bad as a lot of the other jobs on this board, but gee, the rejection was a killer. This was in 1984...

Was selling books about the old west (a major publisher now part of a multi-media company)...had a script that could not vary from and was just terrible. Could not take a break or stretch until told to by supervisor, etc.

Lasted 4 days. After second day decided to have a couple of beers before going to work and had my best sales day ever...must have taken the edge off. The next day my theory did not hold up. Decided to cut my losses and became a night bellman at a hotel...much easier job and that master key came in handy!:D

Scubamax

:shamu:

I volunteered at a local aquarium. For over 1 year I had to dive in the seal & sea lion holding pens and vacuum up the poop. yum :drain: :peek: :toilet:

Hosing down buses with cold water, in winter, at night, in Denmark.

Talk about doing it for cool cash ...

Back
Top Bottom