Worst Job You Ever Had?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...king rodent. lol. in a way, he's controlling our world.

worked at radio shack not to long ago. evil evil place. never buy there! they are such bastards. in training they literally taught us to sell kids, one line I won't forget: kids have money too from mowing lawns. even the old people were included in their mind control methods of selling.
than they tried to slave us: was always late because I had an hour drive from school. never wanted to give us days off. than one day loss prevention came in, and the next me and my friends got fired (coincidently we're all students) hmmm I wonder what was their reason.
so I said: "F*** this job, my skills are being wasted here anyways!" right to that a**hole district manager's fat face :)

...poo crawling, now that's hardcore tough. must work wonders for the ladies. lol

It was a hot Fourth of July weekend. My ex-partner and I had several sevice calls to get taken care of on the Saturday morning before we could enjoy the holiday.

One of the calls was at the American Legion hall. The beer cooler was down. So we both decided to make this the last call so at least we could have a beer at the end of the day. The first one there would start the call.

I was first to arrive. The bartender was glad to see me because a wedding reception was to begin in a little while and the beer was running warm. He showed me where the Walkin cooler was located in the basement. He warned me to be careful of the door because it was old and it didn't have a release handle from the inside.

I could see that the evaporator was all iced up. I shut down the condensing unit and started defrosting the coil with my torch.
My partner had arrived at this point. He said, "Oh, I see that you have found the problem. CLICK" HE CLOSED the door.

So we started yelling. No one could hear us. The wedding band started to play. We banged on the pipes. Nothing. The grim prospects of being locked in a walk-in cooler with my partner all holiday week end entered my mind.

But the thirsty guests started to arrive at the bar. The beer lines in the walkin were jumping as the bartender drew the brew. So it dawned on me. I shut off the valves on the beer lines. The bartender was down in a minute to see what the problem was and we were rescued.

____

Pulling 3,000 chickens out of a semi-trailer, vacinating them (eye drops) and stuffing them in little cages. We worked from 3:00 PM to 2:00 AM with no diner break. It is amazing where chicken feathers can end up.

Second worst, thining beets in the hot sun and getting paid by the row. I made $5.00 for the whole week. My dad felt so sorry for me that he gave me an extra $5.00.

Now that I read yours, mine isn't so bad. My worst job was a placement agent for Snelling Personnel, a temporary job placement service, in Jacksonville, FL. I hated the job and the boss was a real jeak. I lasted one and a half days before I told him to shove it up his a$$, walked out and never looked back. R

OH WAIT... scratch that. The very worst job was... I went through three interview to get this job too! I was supposed to be a Regional Distributor for a cosmetic agency and on my first day of training I was put in a small compact car with five large african american women who had boxes of perfume nock-offs in the trunk. They drove me 2 hours away from home to a getto in GA. and spent the day persuading drug pushers to buy their perfume by flirting with them. I thought I would not make it out alive.

THREE INTERVIEWS TO GET TRAINED TO CARRY A BOX DOOR TO DOOR AND PEDDLE FAKE PERFUME. Can you believe it? OMG that was the worst experience I've ever had. Three interviews. It still pisses me off. :wacko: R

Shake it off girl... LOL

My job is really variable, and there are lots of good days, but the bad days will compete with anything.
Try lancing abcesses the size of basketballs, or removing (the squeamish should turn away) calves that started to be born a week ago, but couldn't fit out.....they come out in unappetizing pieces of bone and skin. The joys of diving out of the way of a charging 1200 lb steer, and the feel of coming to after being kicked in the head by an ornery critter (had it happen twice:rolleyes: ). The years (and years) of education it takes to give vaccine after vaccine. The farmers who call you at 3am to look at a sick calf (who has been sick for 3 days), then leave the light on in the barn and a note for you, since they've gone to bed.
C-sections on cows are bad too.....imagine minus 20 degree weather, no shirt on (no way to keep a shirt clean enough when you are climbing inside to pull the calf out), and soaking wet (from climbing inside). It normally takes about 20 minutes for me to stitch up, but that day, it took almost an hour because I was shaking so bad, I couldnt aim the needle.
Swimming through raw sewage is pretty much part of the job
:D

Wetvet

Yes that's right. I worked on a farm doing hay and looking after the cows. That wasn't the bad part, the boss was constantly wanting to touch me and the sexual harrassment was way too much. This was when I was 15. Told him to kiss off and left. Other then that all my jobs have been pretty good. :)

Growing up - working the family farm, shoveling horse dung, weeding row after row, cleaning the chicken coops, getting stung, bit, pecked.
During college - worked in a produce stand/deli/catering business on the weekends. Slicing a couple hundred pounds of onions first thing Saturday morning after a late frat party Friday night. The owner used to run around w/ a handgun jammed down the front of his pants. I swore he was going to blow his privates off. Plus his 500 pound son "Junior" used to come back to the deli & try to get me alone in the cold room, or squeeze by behind the counter & grab body parts. I grabbed a butcher knife one morning, pressed it somewhere & told him to try again & he would have them served up on a plate.

The owner used to run around w/ a handgun jammed down the front of his pants. I swore he was going to blow his privates off.
Oh man - that made me laugh out loud!!!

The worst job I ever had was also the best one if that makes sense. Overall it was a fun job to have, but sometimes the occasional "odd job" popped up, and it wasn't fun at all. The worst was the week that I had to spend painting the bilge of a 80 foot tugboat with my co-worker that didn't have very good personal grooming habits. It was cramped, cold, and stinky (from the paint and the body odor).

The other job that I HATED was working in the finance office of the community college. My supervisor was this absolutely bizzare woman that never had the same temperment/ attitude from day to day. Some days I would come in, and she was in her "not talking" mode, and would just stare at you and wouldn't utter a word or even make any facial expressions when you talked to her. Other days she was really chatty and nice. It was unreal.

Recovering the bodies of children who have drowned. I have had to do far to many over the years. Families always have that look of hope hint their eyes as you enter the water. Sadist and toughest was looking for a 7 year old under the ice - we were hoping and working very hard to find her ASAP in case due tot he cold and her age she could be revived. No luck. This year has been very bad in Ottawa for drownings - keep kids out of quarries please.

Worked as cattle podiatrist for a year, conned into job by a guy who sold me on all the money I could make, after getting skilled; drove my kz1000 2 hours a day to and from job, in rain, heat, cold; kicked around by the cows/bulls chained in the chute, while they crapped over everything, blood, pus, occaissionly getting tromped like a bad cowboy, paid like a security guard, cutting hooves ALL day with these special curved knifes 'till the tendons in my hands felt like they were ripping, too tired to do anything but get ready for work the next day-needless to say there was no 401k :) zeN

Back
Top Bottom