Wreck Preservation..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I may take a trip to the local library in Port Dalhousie (if they have one I can't remember) and see if they have anything. Hey D/Mitress it would be very interesting to see a survey...I've never seen one of a wreck before. I remember watching shows on TV about how they take the grid patterns but then they also used a huge vacuum...circa 1980 something I think. I think I could use one of those in my house.

What about the wrecks in Lake Erie, are their surveys available....not even considering any other damage a ship can obtain other than age and currents.....it would be interesting to see the difference between then (when it was found) and now. Although the local fish and mussel pop must contribute quite a bit.

Steve - as the saying goes - one will go where the air is clearer and the answers not froth with bitter resentment. Hence coming to Scubaboard for a wider version of answers and discussion on wrecks. That's why they have forums titled 'WRECKS' anything else you said is not worth replying to. Now you've turned this discussion into he said she said. Lay off and let others have a nice quiet discussion. hhmmmmmmmm??? Safe and happy diving.

Haven't you heard, "Those guys on ScubaBoard don't know squat" Or so some would have you believe.

I suggest speaking to some of the more learned folks such as MikeFerrara, MHK, TomR, and many many more (My apologies to you other know-nots :) hehehe, but this would assume one can take a positive outlook on thier diving and realize what we have been discussing on the other board. It seems to work for Jody and I as we have had a few rational going back and forths. It certainly wasn't about "me" and all about these guys hell bent on killing themselves, but why distort any of this with what I really said anyway? I guess you don't know what you don't know, and "ain't no-one gonna help me cause I don't need it", type of thinking.

Yeah, real funny.

Yeah, this thread is a wreck, so it's in the perfect spot. Somebody drag an anchor clean through it pleeze.

Besides, I never argue with a lady.

My mom said so.

sparky30:
The museum in Port Dover might have some more info on the Lake Erie wrecks. I'll ask them next time I'm there.

I'd love to back there....it was fun. Like to see if they have any more maps although I know there are other places I can get them. Just seems a worthwhile donation to the museum.

Shall we have another rainy day trip?

starfish365:
I'd love to back there....it was fun. Like to see if they have any more maps although I know there are other places I can get them. Just seems a worthwhile donation to the museum.

Shall we have another rainy day trip?

Apparently they are having some special exhibit about local shipwrecks this year (I hope its this year.. the website was a bit outdated)..
If you just need the charts for the great lakes let me know. I have a lot of them. You can borrow mine.

Hey Spark,

I'd love to borrow your charts. I'm always interested in getting out there and safely searching for new dive sites. If I wanted my own set is that where you got them?

I think I read in another post that they're also available through Peninsula Press?

Scuba_Steve:
Haven't you heard, "Those guys on ScubaBoard don't know squat" Or so some would have you believe.

I suggest speaking to some of the more learned folks such as MikeFerrara, MHK, TomR, and many many more (My apologies to you other know-nots :) hehehe, but this would assume one can take a positive outlook on thier diving and realize what we have been discussing on the other board. It seems to work for Jody and I as we have had a few rational going back and forths. It certainly wasn't about "me" and all about these guys hell bent on killing themselves, but why distort any of this with what I really said anyway? I guess you don't know what you don't know, and "ain't no-one gonna help me cause I don't need it", type of thinking.

Yeah, real funny.

Yeah, this thread is a wreck, so it's in the perfect spot. Somebody drag an anchor clean through it pleeze.

Besides, I never argue with a lady.

My mom said so.

You seem to be a little confused.. This is scubaboard.. the other board is on another website.. You keep mentioning post from either board in your post and pointing fingers in all directions... Its really confusing.... If you're going to play "he said, she said" then please respond in the threads that apply instead of trying to hijack this one.
As to my personal outlook on diving, its realy nobodies business but mine. Since we never dove together I don't think you are qualified to judge me. All I said in the past was that I have a different opinion. No harm done. You have yours, I have mine.. I would appreciate it if you could stop pointing fingers and just let it go.

DiveMistress2:
I think I read in another post that they're also available through Peninsula Press?

I just checked their website and yes they do sell them....I'd actually like to dedicate a wall in my house to wreck maps and photos.

DiveMistress2:
Hey Spark,

I'd love to borrow your charts. I'm always interested in getting out there and safely searching for new dive sites. If I wanted my own set is that where you got them?

I think gator got his at Peninsular Press.. The local marina also sells them.. As a matter of fact they sell a chart book used for cruising.. Its a collection of all the charts for a particular area.. They are called Robertson's Chart Book or something like that.. The latest editions are not cheap (60-80 I think), but they cover all kinds of stuff in detail and are easier to manage than the regular charts.. Maybe the Book Depot has an older edition going cheap. Bottom contours don't change that often.

ooohhhhh used books stores....my favorite....will have to keep my eyes open.

Richardson's is $129 at Pen Press...eekk...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom