Wreck Preservation..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Spark.

Now Starfish - are you going to get them plaqued?

(I think I killed that spelling, my mother would be so ashamed of me)

I know that COSCO is extremely reasonable for it. I've had some Golden Horseshoe maps done to pinpoint my cell sites and it wasn't all that expensive. Then you could use labels to identify the wrecks you've gone diving on....Just a thought.

That was exactly my plan so yes I would have then laminated. (I know how to spell that one tee hee) I wanted to flag them as I dive them with the dates etc. I know I'll never get to alot of them in my rec dives but I have a life time of diving ahead of me.

Besides I figured having the wreck maps and some photos would make great conversation pieces. Maybe put one under glass on the coffee table. Now there's an idea.

You should put some in your newly updated bathroom so that people have something to look at while they.....LOL.

Hey, it beats some of the reading materials out there.

It is a great idea. Most of the wrecks that we've dove on are well within recreational limits. In our own back yard we have the Benson, Raleigh, and Tiller to name a few. More well known are the Kingston, Tobermory, Gravenhurst and of course Brockville/Rockport areas.

You'll rack them up in no time.

ah yes I'm looking forward to Lake Erie too....we're going on the Tradewind/Crystal trip. Would very much like to see the Benson this year too. And of course our beloved Tiller....I need to practice with hood and mask more - don't want a repeat of last year having to call the dive when I kept flooding.

starfish365:
ah yes I'm looking forward to Lake Erie too....we're going on the Tradewind/Crystal trip. Would very much like to see the Benson this year too. And of course our beloved Tiller....I need to practice with hood and mask more - don't want a repeat of last year having to call the dive when I kept flooding.

Did I ever tell you that I couldn't find the Raleigh? .. LOL.. I went out with a friend of mine and we tried to find it.. For a wreck in 30 ft of water it should be easy to find.. LOL not for me.. I must have written the directions down wrong :)
We ended up anchoring of Sherkston and played tic-tac-toe in the sand for 30 minutes.. :) Still had a blast.. I think this qualifies as my most useless dive.. maybe I'll get out there again this year.
Does anybody know if this can be done as a shore dive? It doesn't seem to be too far..
Then again.. I suck at navigation.. Just ask Divemistress :) She could tell you stories.. LOL

So Spark, the difference is you play he said she said behind each other via PM's? I play fair game in the open, no PM's unlike others. You would think after PMing me saying I was right (after saying I wasn't) about just why you made this thread you'd learn to leave it alone.

I think the PM's full of apologies from a couple people are ringing a little hollow after getting a few of them.

What good is a public bashing followed by a private apology?

It's funny everyone but a few who had their heads in the sand "got" exactly who was being spoken of here, which is why we're posting here.

You'r right pal (In your PM), I truly don't understand you at all. How on earth you could read into our letting you know that we (club) were there to help you, personally, if required, could get so screwed up into you evidently thinking that you owed us a debt for something is TOTALLY beyond my comprehension.

Holy crap, get off the bad gas, man. Get the filter changed.

And don't PM me any more, as anything you feel you need to say you can say in public like anyone else. Like I've said, I play totally above board.

LOL are you sure you weren't just out for a swim.....how the heck could you miss it...LOL atleast my underwater nav is ok...just ask Paul...it was all the fault of the compass...honest...wait a minute...it was your compass.....AH HA!!!!

sparky30:
Did I ever tell you that I couldn't find the Raleigh? .. LOL.. I went out with a friend of mine and we tried to find it.. For a wreck in 30 ft of water it should be easy to find.. LOL not for me.. I must have written the directions down wrong :)
We ended up anchoring of Sherkston and played tic-tac-toe in the sand for 30 minutes.. :) Still had a blast.. I think this qualifies as my most useless dive.. maybe I'll get out there again this year.
Does anybody know if this can be done as a shore dive? It doesn't seem to be too far..
Then again.. I suck at navigation.. Just ask Divemistress :) She could tell you stories.. LOL

Spark, if you're looking at the shoreline go to the left of that big black thing that's out there - I think it's a barge. Shouldn't be hard to find now that the mooring lines on it...it always helps. LOL. I get a good visual of you guys driving around in circles and then doing search patterns in 30 ft of water - did you have a GPS thingy that also shows spikes in the bottom comp? (I have no clue about marine technology - but give me a wireless device and I'll put y'all to shame)

I don't think I'd want that surface swim sparky - especially when the weather can turn so easily in Lake Erie. I'd be afraid of the swim back to shore.

I liked your octagonal square - who was I to tell you that a square was only supposed to have 4 sides?

Steve, I didn't appologize.. I sent you a PM explaining why I posted the thread. Yes it was posted as a result of some comments on another board, but no, I was not pointing fingers at you or anyone else on particular. It was in no way an appology. I simply agreed to disagree.. The reason for the PM was that I don't think this is the place for personal attacks.. I didn't point a finger you. I simply disagree.. You're name was never even mentioned. It was (and still isn't about you)
As for any issues reagurd the dive club, this is not the place to discuss it. You chose to make an issue out of the "we were there for you" thing in your other thread. It has nothing to do with diving and is personal matter. Its relly not hard to understand Steve. I don't want your help. Simple concept.
And frankly I don't want to send you anything anymore. You twist and distort people's words to make them fit into your personal agenda.
Like I said in my PM. You have your opinion, and I have mine. There really isn't anything to discuss and talk about, but based on your last post I gather you don't comprehend a lot of things. I asked a simple question about wreck preservation adn you turned it into a personal quest of epic proportions. Nobody is out to get you.. I'm sorry I posted in the first place. I should heve kept my mouth shut and ignored you like a lot of other people are already doing.

sparky30:

The Raleigh is located at 42-51.9260N / 079-09.2540W.

It's a good 1/2 mile from shore, but I wouldn't swim it due to all the boat and jet ski traffic around Sherkston. The jet skis sometimes use it as a racing buoy if there is no boat tied to it.

If you are going by line of site, it is directly in line with the road running down the West side of the Shertston Shore property line. 30' of depth, but the boiler comes up to abot 10 or 12 feet. There is a orange/white mooring buoy on it. We put it out 3 or 4 weeks ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom