Wrinkles August '06 Dive Planning Thread - Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll bring burgers and buns. Everyone planning to come should speak up so we all bring enough stuff.

Jim

I just want to point out to anyone that may not have been following this thread closely, but is planning to come to the August Wrinkles Dive and BBQ next Saturday that the location has changed from Leo Carrillo to another Los Angeles location nearby - Veteran's Park in Redondo Beach.

I know that sometimes people come in from out-of-town and I want to be sure that no one misses that little change. :wink:

Can't wait for our little get together! We always seem to have great new stories to tell after each one of these!

Christian

Hi Christian,

I'll be able to make it to the picnic. I will bring all of the condiments for the burgers and hotdogs: Ketchup, Mayo, Mustard, Onions, pickles, chili peppers, relish. Think I'll grab a watermelon too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. It's been a long while since I've been able to make a picnic! Yeah....

Oh...I have air cards too for Sport Chalet that we can use for air fills. I never go there and got them free with my club membership here in the OC, so I'd be happy to share.

See you Saturday!

I'll be able to make it for 1 dive, 2 if I'm really lucky. I will not be able to stay for lunch, so don't factor me into the head count for the BBQ. Hope the conditions are decent.

Diver_Jan:
Hey Mark..........Anything CHOCOLATE! Chocolate covered bananas, Chocolate dipped Potato Chips, Chocolate Kahlua Brownies..........LOL

Anyone know if Claudette is coming? She's a chocolate fiend too!
Regrets... :-( ....and a raincheck on the brownies. I'll plan on bringing lots of brownies to La Jolla in September.

Conditions in the Redondo canyon were lovely tonight. The two hours before high-HIGH tide pushed lots of cold water up from the canyon, resulting in clear 55F black water below about 65 fsw. The shallows had OK visibility, perhaps 15 feet of jacuzzi-warm water. Surf was a modest 1 foot on entry, and perhaps 1.5 feet on exit at high tide. LOTS of fun crab action, flatfish pavers everywhere, tiny octopus, some Pleurobranchia nudibranchs down around 90fsw, pipefish and sarcastic fringeheads scattered around from 45 to 65fsw.

Ya'll will have a great time!!!

Claudette

Hmmmmm....I was there tonight too Claudette and I didn't see you! However, I didn't get in the water until about 9pm. Viz was Stellar!!!

On another note, I didn't notice any BBQ grills near any of the picnic tables. Does that mean that we need to bring a grill??? I am talking about the group of tables that are just up from the beach above the walk way. Any ideas?

Can't wait for Saturday!!!

Turns out that I have to lead a dive at 8am for a group of divers from Reefseekers, so I might invite them to join in on the fun.

Claudette, hopefully I will make it to LJ!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom