Wrinkles October '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebuddysean:
I really hope conditions are good for Saturday! Simon is sick but he could be better in time for the dive! I'll try to make it if possible!!! Maybe I'll visit some OC relatives and drop by!! I'll post Friday and let you know if I'll be there!

Sean
Hi Sean,
Oh, do come on up for the dawn patrol dive....0630 meet, I'm hoping, and in the water while its calm and cool (...hey, wetsand.com could be wrong, and optimism is always welcome!!) Deadman's reef was awesome last November. I'll look for you!
Claudette

Well...

You never really know until the moment you're going in.

We've had great conditons when the predictions were bad and had less than favorable conditions when the predictions were good.

What we do know for sure is that the BBQ will be fun and we'll have a great time!

Hopefully, some of you that are tenative will make it. It would be great to see those that have been busy with other things this summer. Maybe Jim and Myrna will even make it for some lunch. :wink:

I'm looking forward to it!

Christian

I wish I could join all of you. I will be in San Diego doing my Wreck Specialty. Viz in Laguna has been pretty good with the exception of Moss Point.

If you go to Wood's, look for my mask please! Scubapro Crystal View no purge with yellow snorkel. Thanks a bunch! I might add, that Wood's is one of my favorite spots to dive, if not the most. Really cool rock formations, overhangs, ect.

For all of you Bug Hunters, make sure you have your Liscense. DFG was at Moss Point last night checking everyone, they are visible and around.

Gina's rocks! Have fun!!!

Hey Everyone, I just saw that tomorrow is this month's wrinkle's dive. I wish I could go out with you guys. I still haven't gotten back into the water... Well you all have fun diving and stuffing yourselves with good food, especially if claudette is bringing those brownies again. I'll be stuck in some hotel conference room all day in traffic school. If you're still doing a late afternoon dive/evening dive I might try and make it for that. Hope you all have fun tomorrow if I dont see you.

Thomas, how was Europe? I was thinking of you a few weeks ago when we were taking a class at UCSB as part of our ADP program.

By the way, some of us came to the conclusion that the UCSB rep as a party school is WAY overrated. Why? Because there isn't a single fast food place anywhere near the campus. How can all the partying kids with late night munchies survive in a place like that?

I asked some students if there was someplace to get a burger, and they looked at each other and shrugged. What kind of school is that? :D

I do believe I will be there tomorrow. I hope if the waves cooperate.

Put me down for cherry cobbler and relish tray (carrots, celery,brocolli ranch dressing).

sapphire:
Dr. Bill, Please come!!

Hey, Jennifer... wish I could come. Would be great to catch up with you. I was trying to talk dive buddy #1 (Andrea) into going with, but she decided she wanted to come out here and dive Catalina with me instead. If I can talk her into the San Diego Wrinkles dive, I'll be there. Heck, I may be there anyway... I really want to see some of the great stuff that Phil, Missy and others have been reporting.

By the way, conditions here have been AWESOME the past week. Clear water, hot surface intervals. Unfortunately thes urge kicked up last night and vis dropped a bit. Hope you all have great dives!

mccabejc:
Thomas, how was Europe? I was thinking of you a few weeks ago when we were taking a class at UCSB as part of our ADP program.

By the way, some of us came to the conclusion that the UCSB rep as a party school is WAY overrated. Why? Because there isn't a single fast food place anywhere near the campus. How can all the partying kids with late night munchies survive in a place like that?

I asked some students if there was someplace to get a burger, and they looked at each other and shrugged. What kind of school is that? :D

sorry about the Threadjack guys... late night munchies at UCSB are taken care of at freebirds.. burritos, nachos and quesadillas 24/7. Not too many fastfood places right nearby in IV though.. there was a burger king but it closed, lots of mexican places and then there's pizza places, bars and healthfood. One of the reasons it probably was quiet was because school only started a couple weeks ago, they might not have all been back yet.

back to the wrinkles dive.. hope the conditions are all right, I'll try to come out after my traffic school.

Sorry, cant make it...I have an important meeting in Malibu.

I'll see you on the next Wrinkles.

Back
Top Bottom