Wrinkles October '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laguna's conditions seem to be slowly deteriorating, so I think I'll bail on Wrinkles and stay local. We had 40+ft vis in the canyon (La Jolla) tonight :D

Have a great time tomorrow! I'll miss seeing a bunch of you :(

I've been really busy this week and am just now realizing that no one is bringing the charcoal or something to flip the burgers and hot dogs with.

If someone has a bag of Match Light or BBQ Utensils please bring that tomorrow.

Otherwise, I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Post it here if you think you can bring those items and we'll see it here when we wake up.

Thanks.

Christian

headhunter:
I've been really busy this week and am just now realizing that no one is bringing the charcoal or something to flip the burgers and hot dogs with.

If someone has a bag of Match Light or BBQ Utensils please bring that tomorrow.

Otherwise, I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Post it here if you think you can bring those items and we'll see it here when we wake up.

Thanks.

Christian

I'll swing by the store and pick up some charcoal. I won't be staying all day and will not be diving as I have a sinus thing going on. Just gonna hang out. I'll be there around 7:30 or so.
Robb

&*(&%&^$#%$#@%$#^%$*^*^!!!!! :banghead:

Once again my life has conspired against me! I'm going to have to back out for today...but I've informed my family that I will be attending wrinkles in Nov. at Catalina...no if's, but's (or is that butts?), or....

Sorry folks!

Any of y'all who missed the diving in the AM, missed nothing.

Oy

They closed the place after we were in. Diving sucked.

However:

* You did miss a sweet hang.

* You missed good friends.

* You missed an OW class running from the surf.

* You missed coming up from the soup and seeing the snorkle police, lights a flashing at our site... and sitting in the water, thinking: Hmmm... did someone jump?

* You missed Pasley giving two complete hotties an education on SoCal Shore Diving.

* You missed Claudette's mystery cut and bleeding (aren't mystery wounds reserved for, like Keggers and Vegas? What happened, HBDG?)

* You missed Robert Philips custom fitting a dude in a new Back Plate, and me inturrupting him every 2 minutes because its been so long since I'd seen him I wanted to horn in on his conversations just to shoot the sheet... sorry, bud.

* You missed Ken tossing his wet and sizzling light battery into the trash. (for those of you keeping score at home, that's TWO light floods and two dead batts in 7 days... how unlucky is that?)

* You missed Christian pulling a hot battery of the trash for me 5 hours later :D (responding to a phone call I placed from the 405 on the way home after it hit me I need the leads to put on my next batt... I'm unlucky and and idiot... C-man, you Rule!)

* You missed a truly breathtaking park. Man. This little place is hanging on the cliff edge, with about a 180+ degree view, perfect benches over a flat cement slab for gearing up. Parking was steps away, as were the restrooms. If it wasn't OCal, I'd say its about the sweetest set up ever. :11: Seriously. I want to pitch a tent on the grass and live right there.

So you missed nothing under the water. You missed lots above. Try to be on our next dive. I sure will.

---
Ken

Teresa and I want to thank everyone for the good time we had today. as Mo2vation said, "the diving sucked", but the BBQ was worth the drive down from Ventura. We got to put some faces with the names on the Board, and Christain showed us one of the local spots, Cresent. Thanks Christain for the tour, and for doing this get-together. We will definitely be at the next one at Catalina. See everyone there.
Teresa and Rick

Well, Ken... it wasn't much better out here on the island. Dive buddy Andrea didn't show (no idea what happened there). Conditions were surge city although some said there might have been 20 ft vis in the dive park. I didn't even bother to go in. Not much chance of getting good video.

Will probably give the King Neptune a try tomorrow to see if they can take us out of the surge zone. Unfortunately I hear it is hitting from the SE AND the NW. Doesn't sound promising.

At least I got a fair bit more of my black sea bass footage edited for the upcoming DVD.

Wrinkles here in November. Darn. I will probably be in Florida for my father's memorial service. My mom and wo of my three sisters are getting together for a family service. It will be nice to have the four of us together.

Bill

Mo2vation:
* You missed Claudette's mystery cut and bleeding (aren't mystery wounds reserved for, like Keggers and Vegas? What happened, HBDG?)
---
Ken
Near as I can guess, the little water gods were just in a fit of mischief today:
They must have been expecting divers to get spit back by the surf,
and crushed into rocks by the surge,
and so lost in the bad viz that they ended up in San Diego,
and permanently separated from their hapless buddies.

When the Wrinkles divers confounded their hopes by diving the darn place, and walking out of it vertical and intact, they just went for blood!!!

I didn't touch anything!!!

And suddenly this "Black-Knight"-worthy arterial gusher opens up on my thumb! ("It's only a flesh wound!") I'm stripping gear and packin' up with one hand, and I'm still bleeding all over stuff. Yeeech! I'm an O.R. nurse...I'm only supposed to have to deal with other people's blood!

The only thing that finally worked was leaving OCal ..... guess that says it all
56.gif

:musical_n I left my blood in Orange County....:heart:

DiveChica
(Just a few tablespoons low...)

P.S. Melvin was right there, but seemed too "distracted" to offer basic first aid. Must have been waiting for his two students to have trouble breathing
03.gif

Hmmm, here is pic of the waves......Not PHD style, but with all that surge, no need to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom