Wrinkles September '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrinkles:
Awwwww am I missed :10: I wish i could make it but saturdays are hard with it being football season......and here i wanted to show off my new tons less self :wink:

Why of course you're missed, ya silly Goddess. You always brighten up any event you attend. :wink: Remember though, you can always tape the game, but you can't tape your friends! (well, there was that whole duct tape thing you've got photos of, but I paid you already, besides, I'm trying to make a point here.) :D

John A. :pirate2:

I know this post is late, but I'm finally getting back in order after my week in SoCal.

Just wanted say what an awesome time I had in LaJolla! It was really great to meet all of you. An honor to be on Wades first shore dive!:wink:

I arrived SAN on Thursday expecting to dive off Lois Ann on Friday. Well, they cancelled on me. Luckily Christian was looking to dive! Thanks for everything Christian!! My first dive in SoCal was at LaJolla cove and I got to see pretty much 'everything'! We did one afternoon dive and a night dive on Friday.

Then Saturday was Wrinkles, got in two dives after going out to breakfast. Hope we started a new tradition there.:wink: The surface swims from hell are what I remember most! LOL Seriously, the bat rays were completely unexpected and a big highlight of my entire trip. As well as the leopard sharks at shore. Dinner to end the day was a perfect way to end. Still laughing about Laurel wearing the lobster, then the bib! Where did that pic go??

Sunday was a lazy day, but Christian was up for diving!! Did the north wall I believe and the swim out was commical, trying to line up for the drop to the wall. A depth gauge??? It worked! Dropped right down on the wall and got in a nice dive. Also finally got to use the new signal I learned (clown) on the way toward shore.:D Even though our air share wasnt flawless.:11: After diving we were invited to dinner with the arriving SB MOFia members and had a good time. I had to drive up to Torrance after dinner and Christian let me follow him up that way. He even highlighted the points of interest via cell phone as we passed them.:wink:

Just wanted to thank you all for your hospitality! That was sure a vacation I will not forget! I look forward to getting back out that way in the future, hopefully making another wrinkles dive.:D

I've got pics posted on photobucket: http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/johnnyseko/

Good idea Johnny. With that here is the first part of my trip report:

SoCal MOF’ia Trip, September 8-18, 2006

Arrived a bit late to the hotel on Friday evening. My roommate, Johnny, had left off to go diving with HeadHunter (Christian). Anyway, upon his return we introduced ourselves for the first time in person. It was nice to find he was the guy I thought him to be. Very cool, nice, and normal, hehehhe, sigh of relief. We chatted for a bit then turned in for the night. I guess Christian had completely wore him out*wink*

Saturday was diving in LaJolla and meeting all the SoCal divers, especially Riguerin (long time friend on the board). The entire event was better than I ever thought it would be. SoCal divers are King, in my book. They treated Johnny and I like we were one of their own that had been gone for a little while. It was like a homecoming, if you will.

First thing Johnny and I had a great breakfast with HeadHunter/Christian, HBDiveGirl/Claudette, Mo2Vation/Ken, and CodeMonkey/Wade, while our tanks were being filled. Then we headed back to the beach for our dives. First dive was to Vallecito’s Point; actually both dives were there. I was in a 5/3-w/hood and 3mm gloves. Temperature was 51, yikes. Second dive I did with the hood not tucked in as it was trying to strangle me. We were lucky enough to have great viz and see the following: Thornback Rays, Bat Rays (awesome), Scorpion Fish, White Plumed Sea Anemone, Strawberry Anemones, Spanish Shawl (nudibranch), C-O Sole, funky Sheepshead, loads of Sea Hares, juvenile Giant Sea Bass, Leopard Sharks, and a Decorator Crab (DiverBrasil I need your pic, pretty please:)).

About the Decorator Crab, I seen a pile of what I thought was junk and decided to have a look to see if something was hiding underneath. As I went to look under the junk the junk grew legs, stood up, and walked away. Blew me away. Riquerin and DiveKim shared with me all about the crab and the junk basically being his house. Neat stuff. I can’t not mention the Bat Ray! That was the absolute best, for me. I had thought I would be lucky if I saw one but I ended up seeing three. I was even able to hover above one as he ate. As he expelled bits and pieces the fish were right above him to take up the scraps. Very cool to watch.

To end the day Christian suggested a restaurant and with that this crew was off. Dinner was definitely in order by this late hour. Ted, Laurel, Christian, Johnny, and myself enjoyed a great meal. Laurel liked mine so much she wore part of it! That is my story and I am sticking to it, hehehehe. (Someone somewhere has a pic to prove it.)

Riguerin, ScubaLaurel, Ted, HeadHunter, Mo2Vation, HBDiveGirl, DivinMan/Terry, DiveKim (fish id girl like me), DiverBrasil, CodeMonkey, and loads of others made the day fantastic.

*A very special thanks to Riguerin/Rick for setting up so many days of fun. If it weren’t for Rick keeping me on track during the planning phase and setting up so many things none of the experiences in SoCal would have been as good. Loads of hugs to him.

Missdirected:
*A very special thanks to Riguerin/Rick for setting up so many days of fun. If it weren’t for Rick keeping me on track during the planning phase and setting up so many things none of the experiences in SoCal would have been as good. Loads of hugs to him.

Hugs are good ... m'kay :14: I had lots of fun diving with you & Johnny at the LJS. Glad you enjoyed yourselves too. Of course having a great local guide like Kim makes a big difference. Thanks, for showing us around, sweetie !

riguerin:
Hugs are good ... m'kay :14: I had lots of fun diving with you & Johnny at the LJS. Glad you enjoyed yourselves too. Of course having a great local guide like Kim makes a big difference. Thanks, for showing us around, sweetie !

Dude...can I give you hugs too??:D Thanks for everything!! What an awesome time. Appreciate all the assistance with information setting up where/when/how for months before I even arrived. The trip was flawless!! Had a blast and look forward to diving with you again soon.:wink:

johnnyseko:
Dude...can I give you hugs too??:D Thanks for everything!! What an awesome time. Appreciate all the assistance with information setting up where/when/how for months before I even arrived. The trip was flawless!! Had a blast and look forward to diving with you again soon.:wink:

Ummmmm ... OK, but only if you're like from some big Italian family or something where this type of behavior is normal :wink:

You should definitely plan to come back sometime ..... there's tons of other great diving around here. You just got a small taste.

riguerin:
You definitely plan to go to FL and I will come down as well ..... there's tons of great diving around there. You'll get a small taste for it soon.

:54:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.:mooner:

:D

:mooner:

Missdirected:
blah blah blah...

To end the day Christian suggested a restaurant and with that this crew was off. Dinner was definitely in order by this late hour. Ted, Laurel, Christian, Johnny, and myself enjoyed a great meal. Laurel liked mine so much she wore part of it! That is my story and I am sticking to it, hehehehe. (Someone somewhere has a pic to prove it.)

I don't remembre *wearing it* I remember it being *flung* onto me!! :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom