Wrinkles September '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great day of diving at the Shores. Thanks Kim, Terry, and John for showing us around.

Although he was a jet lagged and tired from getting up at 3:15 am , Moonie said he had a good time and really enjoyed meeting you folks. That little stinker was starting to get on my nerves the whole way home. He kept insisting that we were going the wrong way ... TJ is was in the opposite direction. That naughty little gnome.

moonie_090906_0046.JPG

moonie_090906_0005.JPG

moonie_090906_0009.JPG

moonie_090906_0004.JPG

I too had a great time! Thanks to Peter for showing me around 'The Cove'...and then some. Maybe next time, I'll navigate! LOL Just kiddin' ya Peter!!! Great diving at the Shores, never had seen conditions like that before, as I posted on Debbie's list...it was TROPICAL! Thank Kevin for a great dive, totally awesome with so much new stuff to see.

Laurel, great to see you back in the water and that you're doing so well. Hang in there...you'll get there!

Jackie, don't know if you're a member here or not, but it was great seeing you again. How small the Scuba World is...you, Peter, Kevin, and I...all interconnected somehow. Man, you have become quite the diver...I remember way back when assisting you out of the guantlet at Deadman's. You've come a long way baby!

Terry, thanks so much for sharing your knowledge on the Nudi's. I don't think you were kidding when you said you had the book memorized. LOL

Wade, Yan, and Rick...gotta get you guys diving Laguna! I'm there, so PM me when you want to dive.

Matt, so way cool that you came down to chill with us. You are the man. I haven't seen anyone embrace diving like you have since you arrived...and the cold water doesn't even phase you dude?! See you at Vets.

And Christian.......Thanks so much for all you do in coordinating these monthly events. They are so much fun. Looking forward to Ocotober's picnic at Heisler (my turf). Put me down for Bratwurst (after all, it is Octoberfest!) and Potato Rolls.

To all the new faces, it was great meeting all of you and I look forward in seeing you again.

Guten Morgen

Code Monkey:
What a great group of people. I, for one, really enjoyed the day, the dives, and the new friends (not necessarily in that order). Thanks, all, for a wonderful time.

Is La Jolla Shores usually like that? Over a dozen leopard sharks, gigantic bat rays, and nudis galore (oh my)? And that was just on the point!

Thank you guys so, so, so, much. That was seriously first class treatment. You guys are the best. What an absolutely great group. I will never forget it. Laurel, Ted, Headhunter, Mo2Vation, DivinMan, Kim (pic girl like me), and the list goes on... Thank you from the bottom of my heart I really appreciate it.

The bat rays are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the nudis - I love the fedex nudis. Sure I can't take one home? :D Either that or a bat ray :wink: Note, I thought i would be happy with just one bat ray but then to get to see so many and hang out with them, I couldn't have imagined.

Had a great time diving and meeting everyone yesterday. Slept like the dead last night and ready to do it again tomorrow before work. Thanks to everyone who made the drive down.

Cranial-rectal inversion and a bad memory card limited my photo opportunities to just one dive yesterday. Here are a few of them.

First dive: Vallecetos Point.....once we got there.
090906a.jpg

Second Dive: Secret Gardens....even a blind squirrel...
090906b.jpg

Third dive: North Wall......"No, 6lbs should be enough weight"
090906c.jpg

P9080012.jpg

P9080016.jpg

P9080020.jpg

P9080022.jpg

P9080026.jpg

P9080036.jpg

P9080029.jpg

P9080030.jpg

P9080031.jpg

P9080032.jpg

The pictures of Moonie UW were hilarious. Wish I could have joined you all.

drbill:
The pictures of Moonie UW were hilarious. Wish I could have joined you all.

Don't worry Dr Bill, you'll get your chance in a few days.

Great shot's Terry! Thanks for posting them.

Great to meet bunches o' new people.

A proper Breakfast at a Wrinkles dive. In a restaurant, no less. Who knew. :D

We arrived on Friday AM, and did a dive in the cove on Friday evening. Then on Saturday, 'Dette and I seriously deployed for this thing - like 9 tanks, 6 regulator sets, four HID Can lights, Three sets of DS undies, two dry suits and one Wetsuit. My 'cruiser was totally low-riding.

Silly.

We got in three dives on Saturday. The first group dive to the "Secret Garden", the second one to a spot we believe to be the "Vallecitos point" or some variant thereof, and then Terry was kind enough to lead us to the "North Wall."

Barracuda, Yellowtail, a Juvi GSB were among the larger stars of the show. Some of the smaller ones included about 8 species of Nudis on the day, several jellies, tons of coon-striped shrimp, grumpy Fringeheads without number, one shy Mantis Shrimp and of course miles and miles of sand.

Thanks again, Terry for the private tour - and to everyone else for a great day of diving.

Here are a few pics from the dives.

---
Ken

66647426.Tq3bFucM.jpg

66650984.nyIjLai8.jpg

66651960.WlHnd1fk.jpg

66669681.3WiHOwoT.jpg

66649158.Y0a7rQaT.jpg

66653233.ZtOBvzM6.jpg

Mo2vation:
Thanks again, Terry for the private tour -

You and 'Dette are always welcome to join me for the long swim to the short wall. Glad you had a good time.

Terry

Well, Tracy, you're just the nicest dive buddy! And Christian. And John. And it was great meeting Ken and Claudette. And, well, everyone made it a great experience. I'm-a gonna have to get in better shape, though, so I can make it out to the short wall and see the cool stuff that Ken photographed!

Missdirected:
Thank you guys so, so, so, much. That was seriously first class treatment. You guys are the best. What an absolutely great group. I will never forget it. Laurel, Ted, Headhunter, Mo2Vation, DivinMan, Kim (pic girl like me), and the list goes on... Thank you from the bottom of my heart I really appreciate it.

The bat rays are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the nudis - I love the fedex nudis. Sure I can't take one home? :D Either that or a bat ray :wink: Note, I thought i would be happy with just one bat ray but then to get to see so many and hang out with them, I couldn't have imagined.

Tracy, I really have to hand it to you. I don't know many people that could do that dive in a 5/3 mm and be as stoked about the experience as you. I'm really glad you enjoyed youself ... because it was unseasonably COLD (I logged 54 F on the 1st dive)! You definitely earned some major respect points in my book, sweetie. I think you'd have no problem being a hardcore So Cal shore diving chickie. Looking forward to fun week of diving. Next stop ... Los Coronados. It's shallow ... should feel like bath water compared to yesterday :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom