Wrinkles September '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would so LOVE to do a cove dive at 7am. Does this mean, geared up and ready to enter the water at 7am??? I'm there. What are the chances of getting a spot to park at the Shores after the dive at the cove???

Anyone diving Nitrox for the Canyon??? Am thinking of bringing one Nitrox tank for that purpose.

Laurel, would love to carpool to cut down on cost of gas. Let me know.

Diver_Jan:
I would so LOVE to do a cove dive at 7am. Does this mean, geared up and ready to enter the water at 7am??? I'm there. What are the chances of getting a spot to park at the Shores after the dive at the cove???

Anyone diving Nitrox for the Canyon??? Am thinking of bringing one Nitrox tank for that purpose.

Laurel, would love to carpool to cut down on cost of gas. Let me know.

I would love to do a cove dive but there are two events in La Jolla this weekend so parking is going to be a premium. If you leave your spot at the shores to go dive the cove....you might as well stay at the cove all day.

I am bringing three tanks of 32% for Saturday.

divinman:
I would love to do a cove dive but there are two events in La Jolla this weekend so parking is going to be a premium. If you leave your spot at the shores to go dive the cove....you might as well stay at the cove all day.

I am bringing three tanks of 32% for Saturday.

Pas de probleme mon brave!

I have no illusions about the parking but on the other hand, I have never had a problem just dumping my stuff on the grass and parking on LJS drive. But then I don't have a parking spot with my name on it like you do!

So.... let's dive the cove at 7, then come back and breakfast on the nectar of..umm whatever Chris brings and let the parking gods do their worst.

I think I have a full truck now: Terry, Jan, scubalaurel and me (I'm essential, as it's a stick shift) so I expect you all at the parking lot standing to attention at 6:30.

Now here's a challenge - what about a traverse of cove to shores? Anyone who doesn't need to get back for, eg: a truck could do that!

(BTW, I think 21% will be fine for the cove)

Peter

Peter

Code Monkey:
I guess I'm doing veggie burgers! Mark me down!

:wink:

Be very careful of burgers which do not contain MEAT! My reputation has suffered considerable harm on account of that.
On the other hand, my health has suffered considerable harm on account of the meatburgers...

hmmm, unless I am very careful, I may just wax philosophical about this.

peter

Code Monkey:
I'll share my meat...

Sorry, I don't cook so I really have no clue ...

--
Clueless in Laguna (aka Code Monkey)...

Are we going to let him cook? Is this wise?

maybe you could bring a pizza or a bag of chips or something.....

:D
Peter

The B-Boy is gonna sit this one out ... so it's just gonna be me.

Peter McGuinness:
Pas de probleme mon brave!

I think I have a full truck now: Terry, Jan, scubalaurel and me (I'm essential, as it's a stick shift) so I expect you all at the parking lot standing to attention at 6:30.

Peter

I will see you at the Lifegaurd Towers at the Shores.

Can't wait!!!

Peter and Jan,

I am now confused (big surprise, I'm sure :blinking: ) Are we meeting at LJS or the Cove? at what time? I feel sooooooo Dory :shakehead

scubalaurel:
Peter and Jan,

I am now confused (big surprise, I'm sure :blinking: ) Are we meeting at LJS or the Cove? at what time? I feel sooooooo Dory :shakehead

Hi Laurel,

You're meeting at La Jolla Shores, at the south end of the parking lot, next to the grass and behind the big lifeguard tower. There's a white curb there for loading and unloading. That's we're you'll find the rest of the Cove divers waiting for the shuttle. Meeting no later than 6:30AM :D

John A.

Back
Top Bottom