Wrinkles September '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on a boat both the 9th & 10th, but since it's a late take-off on Saturday, I'll try to stop by the shores for a visit :)

Missdirected:
Please put JohnnySeko and I down for hotdogs, hamburgers, and the buns.:

Looks like we've got the MEAT covered!:D Bonus, buns too.:mooner:

Missdirected:
P.S. I know many may laugh at me but I have to say this. When I first joined SB, I noticed the Wrinkles thread and to be perfectly honest, I thought it was senior citizens gathering. I kind of thought it was a club or something. Remeber, I am not from the left coast so had never met or heard of Wrinkles so... Anyway, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

*You may laugh now* :wink:

You mean it isnt??:confused:

Hey Chris,
I'll be there next saturday to share in the MEAT so generously offered by divinman! (In case he can't make it, I know where to get MUSHROOM burgers, just let me know if you need them!)

This could be a good time to vary the routine since, as anyone who has been following the events in La Jolla recently will know, there are up to 20 giant sea bass which have taken up residence at the cove, along with a number of soupfin sharks and at least one sixgill.

An early entrance is recommended; nothing to do with the diving but it makes parking a lot easier. If anyone is keen, I am up for a 7:00am start at the cove.

Peter

Peter McGuinness:
Hey Chris,
I'll be there next saturday to share in the MEAT so generously offered by divinman! (In case he can't make it, I know where to get MUSHROOM burgers, just let me know if you need them!)

This could be a good time to vary the routine since, as anyone who has been following the events in La Jolla recently will know, there are up to 20 giant sea bass which have taken up residence at the cove, along with a number of soupfin sharks and at least one sixgill.

An early entrance is recommended; nothing to do with the diving but it makes parking a lot easier. If anyone is keen, I am up for a 7:00am start at the cove.

Peter

I would be up for that if you want to swing by the La Jolla parking lot and pick me up at my truck. :14: No way I am going to try and park after a 1hour cove dive.

The (now) International 'Dette and I will bring down a couple of cases of water, and some other fine munchables.

We'll likely roll in mid-day Friday. We could be arm-twisted into being there Thursday night if there is diving Friday AM.

---
Ken

divinman:
I would be up for that if you want to swing by the La Jolla parking lot and pick me up at my truck. :14: No way I am going to try and park after a 1hour cove dive.

Ok, I'm in, too! I think my hubby and sons will be coming along later in the day. But I will so be there at 6:30 am, if I can get picked up at the shores for a Cove dive.

Jan, what time are you leaving OC, if early, let's carpool down together, then I can go home with Pet and kids :)

Christian, put me down for Fruit and a side dish - probably green salad :eyebrow:

Code Monkey:
I'll share my meat...

Okay, so how much meat is appropriate? I'm thinking hamburger meat, maybe half turkey half beef (depending on what Albertsons has). We've got 12 people (I'm only one as my lovely wife is going to stay home for this one) so that makes, what, nine pounds? More? Less?

Sorry, I don't cook so I really have no clue about quantities, here...

--
Clueless in Laguna (aka Code Monkey)...

Got your pm. How about you grab a dozen veggie burgers??

I have a very SMALL truck. Plenty of room for gear but I can only take 4 people (If two of them are happy to squeeze in the little jockey seats).
I think I have three so far, so anyone who wants to join better ask now!

I will be at the loading/unloading point in the parking lot (by the lifeguard tower) at 6:30am on saturday. First come first serve!

Peter

Is anyone driving down from LA? Want to carpool? I don't have a car, but I am more than happy to chip in for gas.

Also, this seems a silly question, but are the shops listed in one of the first posts for tank refills between the dives? How many tanks are people bringing?

akscuba:
Is anyone driving down from LA? Want to carpool? I don't have a car, but I am more than happy to chip in for gas.

Also, this seems a silly question, but are the shops listed in one of the first posts for tank refills between the dives? How many tanks are people bringing?
The shops are listed for tank fills or anything else you might need from them. One of them is within walking distance of La Jolla Shores and I'll have a dolly there for anyone to use if they want to roll their tanks back and forth to the shop. I'll have 2 tanks, but some people will have one tank and others will have multiple sets of doubles.

Hopefully, someone will be driving through West L.A. that can give you a ride from UCLA. Keep in mind that it will probably be way to early in the morning to pick you up at a dive shop, so once you have a ride, you'll probably want to get a tank the night before or rent one in San Diego when you get there.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom