Wrinkles September '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there!!!

Not sure what I can bring, I'm still tightening up the loose ends on my vacation. I'll have to get back to ya once I get my bearings. I'll take suggestions as well.:wink:

So long as the stars align properly, I will be there. Are the condoms and mints still available. I can bring them if so.

Terry

Christian, count me in too, unless I have to DM a boat that day. Will keep you posted. I can do condiments again, unless you have the others left over from Redondo???

Still, no word of my beloved fin. However, I scored a pair of Jet Fins at a thrift store for $3, paid $55 for Spring Straps. LOL But they rock! I still want my split fin back though, or I will order one. They are my favs by far.

See you all soon

Diver_Jan:
Christian, count me in too, unless I have to DM a boat that day. Will keep you posted. I can do condiments again, unless you have the others left over from Redondo???

Still, no word of my beloved fin. However, I scored a pair of Jet Fins at a thrift store for $3, paid $55 for Spring Straps. LOL But they rock! I still want my split fin back though, or I will order one. They are my favs by far.

See you all soon
Maybe you and divinman can work out splitting the condiments or you can bring something else.

Someone else wound up with the condiments from Redondo. They'll probably come back for Laguna.

Christian

Code Monkey:
I'm planning to go and take Christian up on his offer to teach me to shore dive (from the lunch at the Long Beach Scuba Show :) ). My wife may come along but I haven't been able to convince her to do shore diving so she'll likely be a spectator.

I'd like to bring something, condiments for example, but I don't know how much to bring. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Look forward to seeing y'all!
Hi Wade,

The "amounts" will be determined by the number of people listed in the first post as we get closer to the actual date. It looks like diving man and maybe Diver_Jan have jumped on the condiments, so whatever is on the list is still possible. Of course, feel free to bring something that's not on the list if you think of something. :wink:

We'll have fun working on your first shore dives. This is a good location for that. Your wife should definitely come down and meet us. She'll have fun watching you do your first shore dive and see that it's no big deal. Of course, that's providing conditions are not "wild and wooly" in which case we'll all probably just eat and watch the surfers.

Christian.

My first Wrinkles Dive. I am so excited. Can't wait :wave-smil so please count me in. I'll pick up whatever. I will have a look at this thread when I get there. I don't think bringing stuff from Tampa is a good idea :wink:

Missdirected:
My first Wrinkles Dive. I am so excited. Can't wait :wave-smil so please count me in. I'll pick up whatever. I will have a look at this thread when I get there. I don't think bringing stuff from Tampa is a good idea :wink:
Hi Missdirected!

We love having people from out of town come to our Wrinkles Dive and BBQ! So, let me offer you an hearty, "Welcome to SoCal!", in advance. :happywave

... and you're right, the macaroni salad probably won't be the best choice if you bring it on the plane from Tampa! :wink:

Christian

Wade, encourage your wife to beach dive with us! I see there will be a few more women this BBQ than last months, not that I minded being surrounded by divers of the opposite sex! LOL Alot of us have lots of beach diving experiece and would be glad to assist.

Since you live in Laguna Beach (GREEN with envy here), join up to with http://www.southcoastdivers.com for their weekly dives to gain experience. It's a great group.

Back
Top Bottom