Wrinkles September '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh my gosh...

I was so wiped out, I slept most the day...just got on the web a bit ago:11:

Tracy, Jonny Seko, John(Crowsea), Terry, Wade, Ivan, Yan, Rick, George, Ted, Peter and anybody else I am forgetting, it was so great to meet you all. Christian, Jackie, Claudette, and Jan, it was so good to see you guys again. Christian, I am going to echo all the thanks for setting up the dives. :blinking:

Special Thanks to Ivan, George, Terry, and John for being my gear sherpas! I couldn't have dove without you guys :sappy:

Can't wait for the October meet-up, while it won't be the same without kissing Moonie's butt, it will be good to dive with you all again! Especially since Pete will be there! :D

riguerin:
Tracy, I really have to hand it to you. I don't know many people that could do that dive in a 5/3 mm and be as stoked about the experience as you. I'm really glad you enjoyed youself ... because it was unseasonably COLD (I logged 54 F on the 1st dive)! You definitely earned some major respect points in my book, sweetie. I think you'd have no problem being a hardcore So Cal shore diving chickie. Looking forward to fun week of diving. Next stop ... Los Coronados. It's shallow ... should feel like bath water compared to yesterday :D

5/3???!!!! Maybe shoot down to SC and pick up a 7mil rental and a 3mil hooded vest? I'd hate for MD to have to be miserable on such great dives.

riguerin:
Tracy, I really have to hand it to you. I don't know many people that could do that dive in a 5/3 mm and be as stoked about the experience as you. I'm really glad you enjoyed youself ... because it was unseasonably COLD (I logged 54 F on the 1st dive)! You definitely earned some major respect points in my book, sweetie. I think you'd have no problem being a hardcore So Cal shore diving chickie.

No Rick, this girl is a Dive Goddess!!!! She should be worshipped as such!! Only a HardCore dive goddess could withstand the rigors of La Jolla at 54F in a 5/3 with the hood untucked and no lycra suit underneath!!

It was wonderful meeting all the people I've never met. I had a great time mingling with you all. Rick, John, and Terry, you are the best. It was nice not to have to share my men on Saturday.

Kim

divekim:
It was wonderful meeting all the people I've never met. I had a great time mingling with you all. Rick, John, and Terry, you are the best. It was nice not to have to share my men on Saturday.

Kim

Kim, a Goddess never shares unless she wants to. :D :bic: It was certainly a joy to dive with you (as always) and all my ScubaBoard friends who shared LJ Shores with us. Looking forward to Laguna!! Maybe the world famous Wrinkles (a Goddess in her own right), will see fit to spend time with her devoted admirers. :blinking:

John A. :arrr:

As usual, I had such a good time that it took me a day to get back on the board!

It was great meeting all of the new people and seeing the regular crowd as well.

I took the day off on Friday and was glad that johnnyseko was up for doing a couple of dives at the Cove.

Saturday was phenominal at The Shores with huge Leopard Sharks and Bat Rays to add that little "extra" that we're always looking for.

Sunday johnnyseko was still up for more, so I called divinman on the phone to ask if it was the 3rd or 5th palm tree that was supposed to line up on the white boxy house to get to the north wall. Then I kept checking using the depth finder to see how deep the water was while we meandered around the ocean on our surface swim saying things like "I don't know, do you think that's the white boxy house?" Luckily, we made all the right guesses assisted by the depth gauge and dropped down in 104 feet right in front of the north wall.

Then just when we thought the festivities were over for the weekend for johnnyseko and myself, we were about to start the drive to L.A. and found out that there were a bunch of Floridian ScubaBoarders that were meeting for dinner and starting their week of diving in SoCal, so we joined them and had even more fun!

...and people wonder why it takes me an extra day to get back on the board! :D

I'll get the October Wrinkles thread up soon, so that we can do it all again!

Christian

Hey, I am very happy I made to LJS. It was great meeting new people and seeing old friends.

Great vis, great temp, bat rays, sharks, hamburgers, scubaboarders, great day!

My pics are far from being as good as divinman's or mo2vation's, but I will post after working on them tonight.

Here some of the pics. More at http://www.yangrossman.com/gallery/v/dive_pics/LJS/

P1010001.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010025.jpg

oh, yeah, I didn't even realize it was a horn. I thought it was just a baby leopard.
Good to know.

Here it is
P1010037.jpg

Roughwaterjohn:
Kim, a Goddess never shares unless she wants to. :D :bic: It was certainly a joy to dive with you (as always) and all my ScubaBoard friends who shared LJ Shores with us. Looking forward to Laguna!! Maybe the world famous Wrinkles (a Goddess in her own right), will see fit to spend time with her devoted admirers. :blinking:

John A. :arrr:

Awwwww am I missed :10: I wish i could make it but saturdays are hard with it being football season......and here i wanted to show off my new tons less self :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom