Wrist mount or Console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TX101:
obviously you simply hang your camera off your large head in your 5 knot current.

My, my aren't we catty? :11:

Mike Veitch:
Besides, i can't stand wearing watch or computer or anything on my left wrist...and to make matters more difficult, i wear it with the face on the inside of my wrist.

If you read this again you will see why i don't wear anything on my left wrist including on land. :wink:

FyrFytr:
I was wondering what people thought about getting one set in the gague console versus wearing it on your wrist.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Both! I have a wrist mount on my left wrist and a backup computer on my console. Redundancy at its best.

TX101:
To the people who mount their computer on their right wrist.. what do you do when you are ascending on a reel/smb? You have to hold the reel in your left hand and turn the reel with your right. You can't see the computer on your right hand if you do this.
I find it easiest to hold the reel in my right hand with the computer rolled around the wrist a bit so it easily visible. That way, the left is free to wind and manage dumping air as required. So after the reel's deployed, it's really just a matter of wind and pause, wind and pause. Never been a problem.

Personally, I got tired of dragging a console at my hip even with it attached using a retractor. It was just too large and cumbersome with the SPG, depth gauge, and compass (didn't have a computer yet). When I found a wrist mounted computer (non-air integrated), I chucked the old console, put the compass on my left wrist along with my watch, put the computer on my right wrist, and bought a Scubapro VIP Minigauge for the SPG and depth backup (it's about 1/4 the size of my old console).

I'm now much more streamlined than I was, and it's easier to manuever the small gauge to check air. Having the compass and computer on my wrists makes it FAR quicker to look at my readings, and I can actually follow the compass now rather than trying to manuever the clunker mount I had before.

If you're used to a pocketwatch, get a console mount. If you wear a wristwatch, you're probably better off with a wrist mount computer. :D

Being left-handed, I grew up wearing watches on my right wrist - seemed a logical place to place a computer when I started diving. With a compass on the left wrist, and a compact SPG clipped to a left d-ring, I was cool before I knew it.

I bought a Suunto Vyper Console mount, but this model has the option of pulling the computer out of the console boot and attaching a watch band to it and having a wrist mount. I could go either way, but I will stay with console mount for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom