Wrist Mounted Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I ask you if it will be air integrated, and if yes what technology for the wireless? RF? What frequency?
We plan both integrated and non-integrated options. Beyond that, I think I should let Atomic announce the product details on their schedule. :D

Ron

We plan both integrated and non-integrated options. Beyond that, I think I should let Atomic announce the product details on their schedule. :D

Ron

Still air/EAN only, or He functionality planned? I really don't need another OC computer, but I will be keeping an eye on this one :D

Any news on a release date yet? I am anxiously waiting!

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh...me too! Desperate to replace my old clunker, but uniform requires either Suunto or Atomic, and I can't bring myself to buy a console!

Any news on a release date yet? I am anxiously waiting!

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh...me too! Desperate to replace my old clunker, but uniform requires either Suunto or Atomic, and I can't bring myself to buy a console!

I have to refer to my post from Jan 22 above. But ask me in a couple of months and there could be some interesting developments.

I did meet a diver who swore by bungee-strapping his Cobalt to the inside of his forearm- he loved the arrangement.

Ron

I did meet a diver who swore by bungee-strapping his Cobalt to the inside of his forearm- he loved the arrangement.

Ron

This sounds interesting and worth a try.

Any news on this from Atomic would be much appreciated. It's been several months since the last update from AA, and since then the competition at Shearwater has updated its Petrel Standalone--a well-respected wrist unit with a bright, clear display--to include a simplified recreational/nitrox mode designed for the vast majority of divers who use air or nitrox and don't need "tech" capabilities. C'mon, Atomic, let us know how and if you're meeting this competition head-on.

Hi All

We are still currently in the design phase of the wrist mounted version of the Cobalt. We have, within the last few months, released the Cobalt 2. This was our goal before moving forward with any plans on a wrist version. We are currently moving forward with the newer version but nothing has been shown or mocked up. If I see any new designs or prototypes come through the doors ( or in the hands of our engineers ) I will make sure to post updates. Thank you for all the interest.

Just to expand a little, you may have heard that Huish Outdoors, the parent company of Atomic, recently purchased Liquivision- and thereby some outstanding technology for handling hoseless transmissions. DiveNewswire

While the Cobalt 2 based wrist computer is well underway, we were also waiting for this to be finalized so we could put together the best possible product with the best available technology. No one- trust me- is more eager than we are to get this done quickly, but the delay to incorporate this technology will be worth the wait.

Ron

I hadn't heard, but that is very interesting. Although I probably would have leaned toward a Petrel over a Lynx, it's an interesting development. Seems like Mr Huish is making some quite astute acquisitions...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom